Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jkalonick Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 17, 2017, 10:14 AM
    Furnace
    Furnace, on a carrier furnace the light is red light is flashing on the light emitting diode code what does that mean
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 17, 2017, 11:34 AM
    It means there is a fault or unsafe condition and you have to count the blinks and see what the fault code is telling you.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jan 17, 2017, 11:54 AM
    talaniman is spot on. The codes may vary from model to model and certainly will between manufacturers. You can either Google trouble codes for you model furnace.. or post here and someone who is familiar with it can help. You you have to count the flashes, they will be repeating so you count the short flashed.. and there will be an interval before they repeat or flash the second number. Write down what counts you get.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jan 17, 2017, 04:11 PM
    Codes should be on the schematic which is found on the inside of the bottom or top air handler door. Count the flashes. Most failures are plugged pressure switch vent or flame ignition failure. If nothing at all works, could be high limit switch.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

GMH8 goodman furnace won't stay lit. The furnace lights for about 2 seconds [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Goodman Furnace GMH8 that is 4 years old and has been working fine but today it will not stay lit. The furnace lights for about 2 seconds and then goes out. The blower comes on and will continue to run as the furnace lights and then goes out several times before shutting off.

XB80 Gas Furnace , furnace fires up fan turns on but no airflow in ducts [ 0 Answers ]

Furnace fires up just fine, and fan spins but there is absolutely no airflow in duct work. Any ideas? Last spring thermostat went out and I replaced it, worked great. A month later circuit board burned out, tech found that problem and replaced it (major pocketbook ouch) and everything worked...

Bryant furnace showing code 12-blower on after power up. Furnace won't start. Why? [ 0 Answers ]

Blower motor on all the time. No heat from furnace. Why?

Furnace Blower Motor Runs Constantly & Furnace or AC Won't Run [ 2 Answers ]

I have an Armstrong forced air (induced draft) natural gas furnace with central AC (made around 1990 -- Model: EG6H80DC14-1, Serial: A18315MNA). I had a problem at the end of the heating season where the blower motor would run continuously (even when the thermostat is turned to "off"). I thought...

View more questions Search