Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    egallery Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 15, 2017, 05:06 PM
    Trying to light pilot on old Sears Life clad furnace (model 86776332)
    Hi Folks,

One of my kids turned down the thermostat way too low and my pilot is out. It's an old model from Sears (automatic electric ignition)
    I've tried (more than 10 times) turning the Dial to the off position for 5 minutes, turning the thermostat to 75, and waiting for the furnace to automatically kick in.
    So now, I hope one of you kind folks can guide me on how to manually light the pilot.

I can send a pic of what the pilot assembly looks like for clarity if it helps.

Please advise.

Thanks.
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Jan 16, 2017, 11:07 AM
    I can send a pic of what the pilot assembly looks like for clarity if it helps
    Send picture.
    drtom4444 Posts: 3,282, Reputation: 145
    Ultra Member

Jan 20, 2017, 06:01 PM
    Usually, there is a rod that proves the pilot is lit and cleaning it with very fine sandpaper will fix it, but if there is no spark to start the process you may need a new unit. On many of these old units it is also possible to eliminate the whole unit and replace the gas valve and install a regular thermocouple which can be much better in the long run (and cheaper).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have a Sears 600 pilot free wall furnace, model # 867 734680 [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Sears 600 pilot free wall furnace, model # 867 734680. I do not know it's age. This winter, when using the heat, the fan would occasionally not function. Unit would get hot, but no fan to blow the air. This summer, the fan was working OK to circulate the air, until recently. Now when...

Carrier Furnace, Model: 55DRCO-45CB, how to light pilot light? [ 3 Answers ]

We have a 20 year old CArrier furnace, Series 100, Model 55DRCO-45CB. It is not heating even though the temperature gauge on the wall is on and set to heat, 70 degrees. We checked the fuse. It's fine. We don't see any pilot light--in fact, we don't even know where to look for the pilot...

Sears Vent Wall Furnace Lighting Pilot Light [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Sears Direct Vent Wall Furnace and I don't know how to light the pilot light. The instructions aren't clear, and I don't want to blow up the house. The Model # is 867.736230

View more questions Search