Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kimmy1270 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 15, 2017, 11:21 AM
    Implantation bleeding or weird period
    Ok so I've been trying to conceive for three months. Well on the 9th of this month the day after I was supposed to start my period I got a gush of brown discharge (old blood) after that I had about three days when I spotted but never enough to fill a tampon and definitely lighter than any period I've had. On the fourth day I had nothing but a few spots of brown all day and then the 5th day I had a few blood spots when I used the bathroom and nothing since then. Is there anyway this is implantation bleeding? I know it's supposed to happen a few days before your period and only last three days but several people have told me they had it the day they were supposed to get their period and lasted all the way up to a week. Please help!!
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jan 15, 2017, 12:12 PM
    Unfortunately, there is no exact rule as to when, if, or how a woman might experience implantation bleeding or spotting. Some women experience it with every pregnancy, many women never notice anything.

It could be due to pregnancy, it could be an unusual period. You could try a test in a couple of weeks, or just wait until next month and see what happens with your period and test at that time if need be.

Sending good thoughts that you don't have to try too long before having success.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Implantation or weird period please help [ 1 Answers ]

On Monday 27th jan I had yellow mark stain thought nothing of.it my periods were coming sure enough it turned light brown/red/pink/little brown clot it looked like old blood like end of a period it had been on and off all day so Tuesday morning nothing then afternoon came it turned to light...

Weird period or implantation bleeding? [ 0 Answers ]

I had my last period Aug 1st. I have regular 30 day cycles and expected my next one last Friday, Aug 30. My boyfriend and I had unprotected sex on the 24th, my cervical mucus was creamy, and my calendar said safe. Now, it's 4 days since I was supposed to get my period, and it's not here. I did a...

Implantation or weird period? [ 1 Answers ]

Hope someone can advise.. I've been trying to conceive for a few months and usually have a cycle of 30 or 31 days. Yesterday I seemed to get my period at 26 days with mild cramp (nowhere near as bad as usual) it like a medium period only its almost gone 1 and a half days later. I've had mild...

Is this implantation bleeding or a weird period? [ 2 Answers ]

I'm kind of in a weird situation here. My boyfriend and I had sex on Sunday May 13, around my time of ovulation. We used just a condom. We had sex again on Sunday May 20. I used spermicidal inserts and my boyfriend used a condom. I started my period one day late. It started normal, a bit lighter...

Implantation bleeding or just weird period? [ 6 Answers ]

Hi Everyone, I'm new here... but does anyone have any ideas? I'm confused, as I think I have been experiencing pregnancy symptoms, for the last week, but I have just experienced a bright red bleed for two and a half days, which is in fact eight days after ovulation, and also when my husband and...

View more questions Search