Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    phillysteakandcheese Posts: 973, Reputation: 356

Apr 15, 2007, 07:53 PM
    Alien Contact
    Popular media has spent the last few decades ingraining our culture for “alien contact”.
    • Do you believe “they” are coming?
    • Will “they” be friendly, or hostile?
    • How will “they” manifest themselves to us?
    • Is our culture ready?

I've said before that I believe in alien life. I believe that aliens have been on Earth and that various organizations of humanity have already had covert contact.

I think if an alien civilization wanted to reveal themselves to the population of Earth, they would do so in a manner that is incontrovertible. Based on what it takes to convince our culture of the reality of an event, I think that means a direct presence... or a show of force… like you’d expect in a movie (like Independence Day).
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

May 3, 2007, 08:38 AM
    Just my opinion but, I think the aliens we are seeing and being prepared for are the "spirits" spoken of in Genesis. They will be introduced as part of the end time hoax to persuade people that there is really no Jesus or God as we once believed but that life has evolved throughout the universe on its own. (New Age)
    We are slowly being "opened" up to them and they will appear sooner or later for all to see. They have been here since the beginning, they "fell" here and they have been interacting with humans from behind the curtains.
    I believe the powers that be get insight and technology from them more and more for purposes of custody, control and manipulation of the worlds population.
    They will start by being nice and pretending to have all the answers for the problems that plague us. I think it will all go down hill from there though. When we realize that they are the problem that plagues us and always have been. Then it will be too late for those of us that believed them.
    That is just my opinion and I am crazier than a porcupine in a balloon store!
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

May 3, 2007, 10:06 AM
    I am sorry I didn't see this post before today Philly. What a great topic for discussion!

Frankly, when I joined this site, I thought from day one, magprob was one of them. Excon is another. I think you can tell the aliens apart from the humans by the way they write.

Okay. I am being an idiot. I really believe that we are a scientific experiment gone wrong. When the beings that created us (Murray is the guy who heads up the project) realize their mistake, we will be tossed into whatever the equivalent is of the Universe's rubbish bin.

Okay. That was another lie.

I believe aliens exist in the fact that we cannot be the only living beings throughout the entire universe. It is not logical and is completely egotistical to thing that we are. However, I do not believe they are living among us on this planet. I believe we are actually an accident of nature. An anomaly, if you will. Just as other planets will have their anomalies and their equivalent to our flora and fauna. I do not believe any of them have managed to build equipment that will allow them to suspend the aging process and/or crack the code of space/time travel. Since science tells us we would have to travel many, many lights years to get to one of these planets, any other life form would face the same obstacles we have. Why would we assume that they would age any differently? That isn't logical. They would also have to possess the knowledge of our precise location in the Universe in relation to theirs. Therefore, I believe they would be dead well before they could ever manage to come anywhere close to our planet.
    saraispiel19 Posts: 670, Reputation: 115
    -

May 3, 2007, 10:10 AM
    I don't believe in αliens I think the whole thing is α hoαx-- hαhα αliens.. God didn't mαke αnimαls, people αnd then αliens... I guess he forgot to mention thαt in the bible.. whoops!
    TechSupport Posts: 43, Reputation: 5

May 3, 2007, 10:42 AM
    If extraterrestrials exist, and can come to this planet, they must, by definition, have one of two things going for them: EXTREMELY long lifespans or EXTREMELY powerful and advanced technology.

I believe that if they do come here, they are not doing it to explore and do biological research. They are doing it to find resources that they can use, and that most of the species of life on this planet would be exterminated as vermin so that they can use the water or whatever it is that they came for.

And we would never even know it.
    Ultra Member

May 3, 2007, 10:49 AM
    Good point techsupport. Why should we assume they would be any different from ourselves? That is the reason our governments are into space exploration. To find resources. No one should ever assume we are interested in meeting our new alien "friends" and to find a mutual connectivity over a nice hot cup of tea. As humans, we have a tendency to destroy what we can't comprehend. Shoot first. Ask questions later.
    Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

May 3, 2007, 04:29 PM
    My thinking is pretty much in the same line as your Ruby! It is naïve to think that we are the only form of life in this universe, however as far as aliens living amongst us I find that hard to believe (you never know though, they may have let them sneak in at the same time as those Muslims arrived here ;) ) Of course I was being facetious then.

But if they do land I hope it is in the US, because if they are going to be hostile at least you guys have the right to bear arms. The rest of us will be alien fodder.

This is an interesting topic though. One which I always find intriguing.

Like Ruby I think it is most likely that there is other life out there that face the same problems as us in space exploration. Society seems to be convinced that if any alien does exist they have some sort of secret powers that we are yet to discover. Why so??
    Ultra Member

May 3, 2007, 04:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Skell
    But if they do land i hope it is in the US, because if they are going to be hostile at least you guys have the right to bear arms. The rest of us will be alien fodder.
    LOL. If aliens manage to land on Earth, I suspect our primitive weapons will be useless against their far superior and advanced ones. So, the question would really be, who gets wiped out first? U.S. or Australia? I am hazarding a guess that you would prefer the U.S.:p

Quote Originally Posted by Skell
    Society seems to be convinced that if any alien does exist they have some sort of secret powers that we are yet to discover. Why so????
    It is a direct result of the imagination of some of our greatest science fiction writers.
    Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

May 3, 2007, 04:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by RubyPitbull
    LOL. If aliens manage to land on Earth, I suspect our primitive weapons will be useless against their far superior and advanced ones. So, the question would really be, who gets wiped out first? U.S. or Australia? I am hazarding a guess that you would prefer the U.S.:p
    No not at all! We are one. Together we stand. We are the Coalition Against Aliens... I mean Terrorism... Arrghh Its all the same thing :D!!
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

May 3, 2007, 04:54 PM
    Just to let everybody know, and I think I have said this in my first posts and other posts with the same subject.

My personal belief is that yes, other aliens. Other life forms. Other creations are out there. They have been out there. Why would there be life just on one planet when the universe is so huge. There are more then one, many many different solar systems.

The vastness of space, it is endless.

People who have a belief in the bible and God, many of them shun the idea that existence of others out there. Or because it was not mentioned in the bible must mean they do not exist. That is a bunch of hooey if I ever heard any.

I agree with others. It is very egotistical to think we are the only ones. Now the catch here is that just like humans, there are good and bad. So every other alien race out there, it would be the same.

There are so many theories about who the aliens really are. Fallen angels? Or even other species that actually live here on earth but are more advanced. Or there are many other dimensions here on earth alone and they are part of it and we also see glimpses of it.

We never ever really know, but I hope one day that we find out. I am fascinated with reports of unidentified flying objects. Have had weird dreams about it that felt so real, read many many books on government documents and would love to one day find out that none of this has been just imagined but that we truly exist with other creations out there.

Oh, one more theory. Is that we ourselves were put here by aliens through genetics and experimentations. Even if this turned out to be true. For me personally it would not take away from Gods creation, because somebody had to have their spirit, and hand in creation of others. It is a never ending thought. We have all been created. We all have a life force. We all are creators.

Okay, maybe went off subject or maybe not. These are some of my different thoughts and possible theories and explanations of theories.

Joe
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

May 3, 2007, 05:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by phillysteakandcheese
    Popular media has spent the last few decades ingraining our culture for “alien contact”.
    • Do you believe “they” are coming?
    • Will “they” be friendly, or hostile?
    • How will “they” manifest themselves to us?
    • Is our culture ready?
    I've said before that I believe in alien life. I believe that aliens have been on Earth and that various organizations of humanity have already had covert contact.

I think if an alien civilization wanted to reveal themselves to the population of Earth, they would do so in a manner that is incontrovertible. Based on what it takes to convince our culture of the reality of an event, I think that means a direct presence... or a show of force… like you’d expect in a movie (like Independence Day).
    - They are already here.

- Some are hostile and some are friendly.

- They will manifest themselves within our dreams.

- Our culture has been ready for years. I do not think americans are ready though. Everybody else has been. Lol
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 3, 2007, 05:07 PM
    Of course 50 years ago, the idea of landing on the moon, the idea of an atomic bomb ( and even worst ones now) were just folly and no one would have believed. In WWI the idea of jet planes would have been as foreign as a UFO to us today.

So what seems impossible to us, travel at the speed of llight or some form of travel using some form of travel like we may see on TV.

And we should not laugh to hard, since as we speak they already have machines that can make thierself and anyhing inside invisible, ( I saw one at a major research college a few years ago ( well maybe did not see would be the best word) And just like off that space TV show scientist today are working on a transporter system, where they have actually sent spcific atoms I understand but of course the taking apart and putting back together is decades away.

So image 200 years ago someone coming to earth with a space shuttle, driving a car using a AK47 and having mortar shells and the such.
    How alien would they have been considered?

So another place only needs to be a few hundred years ahead of us to seem like "gods"
    Ultra Member

May 3, 2007, 08:20 PM
    I like your way of thinking Fr Chuck. You are very right about the comparisons you have made. I am just wondering if the human race will live long enough to see these concepts come to fruition. So, going by what you just stated, I may just change my mind and believe that aliens could be that advanced that they can achieve what I suggested they couldn't. But, would they have been able to overcome all the environmental obstacles that we are now faced with? I have to question that. The more advanced we have become, the more we have affected our environment. It is now at the point where quite a large number of people are questioning whether we will survive. If this is the case, I would have to assume aliens are/have been faced with the same challenges. Would they have had enough time to create a way to transport themselves in a matter of moments? Or would they have perished as some people are predicting we will.

By the way, I am sure you have heard this, some people also believe that the government knew we were headed into environmental crisis and that is why they have been exploring space. To be able to save the lucky few through colonization, and thereby ensuring the survival of the human race.
    phillysteakandcheese Posts: 973, Reputation: 356

May 3, 2007, 09:08 PM
    An advanced civilization "knows the risks" of being based entirely on a single planet.

They likely would have several "Stations" or "Colonies" at key locations - Not only to facilitate long range travel, but also to protect themselves from any single cataclysmic event that could wipe out "the home planet".
    Ultra Member

May 4, 2007, 05:33 AM
    Well, philly that seems logical enough. I am just having trouble getting past the honeybee situation here. I keep thinking that we are just not going to make it that far.
    I believe that mother nature, the living planet Earth, corrects imbalances for self-preservation. You see it when we have an overpopulation of the smallest insects. After a few years, all of a sudden the infestation is gone. Mother Nature has somehow corrected itself. Why shouldn't that apply to us as well? We have started throwing things out of balance here. Our population numbers have increased tremendously. There will be some sort of correction to ensure the survival of the planet. Will we make it in time to colonize other planets? I just don't think we have enough time to figure out how to transport to another planet. Maybe a few will survive. Maybe not. Maybe all of us will be buried under another ice cap and mankind will rise again in the same manner as it did before. I guess I keep thinking that if the Earth manages to correct the imbalances contained on it and within it, then it would stand to reason the Universe would function in the same way too. Maybe the different civilizations/species on all planets that are able to sustain life, are never supposed to interact according to the laws of the Universe.:confused:
    Ultra Member

May 4, 2007, 08:28 AM
    Since you mention death and destruction, I'm so close to Yellowstone that if the caldera does erupt, it will blow me to Mars. The last time it did, there was a major extinction event here on earth. That's why North America was so sparsely populated back in the day. At this point in history, we are facing a virtual cornucopia of possible nasty outcomes. Some we brought upon ourselves and some from the natural world. Tempting the law of averages. I'd say we have major hurtles to climb over before we are ever going to rise to the level of "Galactic Adulthood."
    If there are aliens, from other planets, they have not yet overtly helped us, that we know of. Why would they not do that? Being created by GOD, and knowing GOD is love, then they would be filled with compassion and want to reach out to help their fellow beings across the universe?
    Ultra Member

May 4, 2007, 12:27 PM
    Well, magprob, with that reasoning, do you believe if we were that advanced and were now travelling across the galaxies, that we would be filled with compassion and want to reach out to help our fellow beings across the universe? Not you and me, of course, but the governments who are in control of space exploration, are what I refer to when I say "we." My belief is that the reality would be what Techsupport suggests. Why would it be any different with another civilization? In fact, how can we assume that they believe in GOD? Maybe they are followers of my "Murray Theory" (see above). Maybe they believe in Zotog, the merciless, ruler of all, master of the Universe, who smites everyone in his path. Maybe they follow the path of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. How can we assume anything?
    Ultra Member

May 4, 2007, 03:55 PM
    Yeah, that's fun to speculate on but, we got to go with the evidence we have. Read Genesis.
    Ultra Member

May 4, 2007, 04:12 PM
    I accidentally threw my bible out with the old newspapers. Will you please supply me with the quote or portion of Genesis that you are referring to as evidence?
    Lucas Ammons Posts: 85, Reputation: 5

Jun 4, 2007, 11:49 AM
    I agree that there maybe life elsewhere in our galaxy. I think we should focus on finding life in the milky way at first given its size. Secondly here are some reasons we have not made first contact:

1. Light travels at 186,000 miles per sec, A persec is 3.26 light years, we or the aliens would not be able for high-speed communication back and forth. Some of our earlyest T.V. and Radio broadcasts that are 50+ years old are just now reaching stars 50 light years away from earth.

2. The aliens could be disinteristed in Earth because they may see us as inferior both in technogoly and ethics I.E.: we're still fighting each other.

3. The Aliens maybe less avanced than us.

4. They could have destroyed themselves, millions years ago, not having achieved the point at which they could send us a message.

5. My least favorite: We on Earth are the only intelligent life in the uvierse. That's stupid, we inhabit a tiny, microscopic part of the unverise after all. Plus our space exploration (Manned and Unmanned) is really just beginng.

MY E-mail: [email protected]

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Resident alien or nonresident alien? [ 1 Answers ]

But it may cause some legal problems!

What sci-fi alien contact movie is this? [ 7 Answers ]

This movie is about contact with aliens and communication is through sounds. I remember that there is nice melody that I can hum but I can't remember this movie title. Thank you in advance.

H1 (Resident Alien) and H4 (NR Alien) joint tax problem [ 7 Answers ]

I have been in the US since 2003 and have filed as a NON-Resident Alien for the tax year 2005 (I was a student). My H1B started Jan 1, 2006 and I got married on Aug 28th 2006. My wife joined me on my way back on a H4 visa. I know that we can both file as a Resident Aliens. 1. Is our STD...

Resident Alien or NR Alien while on H1B [ 10 Answers ]

Hello Gentlepersons; My name is Saket an Indian citizen from Seattle, WA. Got a ques regarding my Tax status? I came to US on May 19, 2002 on F-1 visa. After completing my master's in July 2004, I started working for a compnay on OPT effective September 15, 2004. I got my H1B approved as...

Resident alien or dual status alien [ 3 Answers ]

This topic has been heavily discussed, but the concept is still not clear. I have been on H1 since January 15, 2005 (was on F1/OPT before that). I received a pay-check (approx. $1500) in those 14 days on 2005 that I was on F1 status. Since "I pass the substantial presence test for 2005, I am...

View more questions Search