Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    iduru Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2017, 04:41 AM
    Chemistry
    A weather balloon containing helium is released into the atmosphere. As it rises atmospheric pressure and temperature both decreases. Explain why the size of the balloon increases.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jan 12, 2017, 04:52 AM
    What do YOU think.
    While we happy to help we will NOT do all the work for you.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jan 12, 2017, 04:37 PM
    Here is your answer. PV=mRT... where p is pressure, V is the volume of the balloon, m is the mass of gas in the balloon (constant) and R is universal gas constant divided by mean molar wt of air (about 28 g/mol) and T is thermodynamic temperature (T in Kelvin; T=273 +t (in deg C). Think pressure.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Chemistry [ 1 Answers ]

A solution contains Sr2+ and Ba2+ ions both at a concentration of 1.25 x 10 ^-3 molL-1. A dilute solution of sulphuric acid is slowly added to this mixture of ions. (Assume any change in volume is insignificant.) Ks (BaSO4) =1x10^-10 Ks (SrSO4)=3x10^-7 b (I) calclute the...

Chemistry Help [ 1 Answers ]

50.5 mL of 1.74 M perchloric acid is added to 37.9 mL of calcium hydroxide, and the resulting solution is found to be acidic. 25.9 mL of 2.71 M sodium hydroxide is required to reach neutrality. What is the molarity of the original calcium hydroxide solution?

Chemistry question about Organic Chemistry [ 9 Answers ]

Could you explain to me why I ended up with two marks out of a possible 6 in these questions? I think that I answered them correctly but I am not sure so I would like your help so that then I may tell my instructor.

Chemistry Help [ 4 Answers ]

1.Write the Lewis dot symbols of the reactants and products in the following reactions Ca + H2 ----> CaH2 2.For each of the following pairs of elements, state whether the binary compound they Form is likely to be ionic or covalent. Write the empirical formula and name of the ...

View more questions Search