Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wkunish Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2017, 11:08 AM
    Replacing shower base with larger base
    Hi,
    I am replacing a 36x36 shower pan with a 36x42 pan. Do they make the pre-made larger pan with the offset drainage hole so I can drop it straight onto the existing drain pipe, or do I have to either move the drain pipe using elbows or whatever? Would it be better to just pour the new pan?

Thanks.

Warren (new to this, as if you couldn't tell)
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jan 11, 2017, 01:15 PM
    If you Google "premade shower pans" you will find a lot of hits. Center and side drain.
    Here is one source: Tile Ready Shower Pans
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jan 11, 2017, 02:55 PM
    Assuming your 36 x 36 drain is in the center, no way are you going to find a ready made one with the drain offset 6".
    I think it's easier to move the plumbing than it is to pour a pan.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How we make thin base in comman base configuration of npn transister and why? [ 0 Answers ]

When I was in my classroom,my teacher told me when she was discussing on the topic about bi polar junction diode that in common base configuration we make the base thin.but when I asked him why then she could not satisfied me.so tell me more about it..

Dry laid Flagstone: sub-base only, or sub-base and base? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I live in Northern VA and am installing dry laid 1.5" natural cleft flagstone on 4" of bluestone sub-base. I'd like this 500 sq ft. patio to last 20 years or more. My question: Is it overkill to add 2" of stonedust as a base on top of the bluestone sub-base, or is this unnecessary? If my...

Replacing Leaking Shower Stall Concrete Base [ 8 Answers ]

In my basement I have an old shower stall that was installed by the former owner. The stall also has the air conditioner drainage hose directed through the bottom of shower stall and it drains into the shower drain. That is not my idea of sanitary! Also, there is no top (cover) over the stall. ...

Replacing tile shower base [ 3 Answers ]

I have a shower that is tiled, and the base is cracked and leaking, and needs to be replaced. I would love to put a one piece base in, but the shower is an odd size, and to get one custom made is out of my price range. Not sure what to do- replace the old tile with new tile(never done tile work...

Replacing neo angle shower base [ 1 Answers ]

I am replaceing a neo angle shower base in my basement. How does the base/shower drain come off the pipe? Is the drain cemented/glued to the pipe? If so, how would I cut it? Could it possibly be some sort of compression nut? Thank you! Robby

View more questions Search