Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Empress33 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2017, 04:26 AM
    Recurring yeast infection
    Hi Doctor, I have been having this recurrent yeast infection for 7months now, I have used different kinds of antibiotics and vaginal insertions(cream and tablet), including herbal treatments but all to no avail. Please help me.
    Thanks,
    Annie
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jan 11, 2017, 04:36 AM
    Are you having sex? Men can have them too, without symptoms, and keep giving them back and forth.

It is absolutely ridiculous to take antibiotics for yeast. Yeast is not a bacterium! AND antibiotics often GIVE women yeast infections.

Keep using Monistat or it's equivalent in your country. Do not wear tight clothing. Wear white cotton undies and keep them clean with unscented soap and lightly bleached with extra rinsing. Do not use a towel between your legs - use a paper towel, and walk around nude for a while to get air dry.

There are nurses on this site but no MDs.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Recurring Vaginal infection [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I am suffering from recurring vaginal infection from almost 7 years. I have tried all sort of medication & suppositories that provide relief but the infection relapses. I have also got the tests done for blood sugar and thyroid which are all normal.

Recurring yeast infection [ 0 Answers ]

I am 49 y.o. I goy abnormal pap smear, normal HPV tests and a yeast infection that will not go away despite prescription anti fungal pills and prescription vaginal cream treatments. My Obgyn wants to wait a year before doing another pap smear. Please advise.

Recurring yeast infections [ 1 Answers ]

I continue getting yeast infections... perhaps every month and sometimes sooner... my doctor gave me Diflucan 150mg... two weeks ago I when I got my last yeast infection I drank one, and another diflucan 72 hors later, I have also continued taking an over the counter AZO yeast pill... now I have...

Can you cure my recurring yeast infections and help prevent them? [ 0 Answers ]

I've been dealing with recurring yeast infections for 18months. I haven't taken antibotics since last year. I've seen 3 doctors & a gynocologist. I was given difflucan, terazole, otc, blood labs, including cbc, thyroid & blood sugar. All normal, but my thyroid was on the lower side. I was tested...

Painful recurring staph infection [ 1 Answers ]

My 14 year old daughter has had staph infection four times since April. Twice on her chin, once on her eye and now in her bikini area. The doctor has given her different kinds of antibiotics, but it always seems to come back. What should I do? I'm really worried that it hasn't completely went...

View more questions Search