Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    j2237806 Posts: 36, Reputation: 2

Jan 8, 2017, 02:31 PM
    What color would I get?
    Hi there. I want to dye my hair a color that has a purple look. I was thinking of mixing L'Oreal Intense Deep Violet and Garnier's Intense Blue Black because I was afraid the violet hair dye would be too strong. I am tan so also would it look good on me? What do you think? Thanks in advance.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jan 8, 2017, 07:21 PM
    I've never been comfortable mixing dyes, there's just so much that can go wrong. I had a good friend that wanted to go auburn, she was a brunette. She mixed dyes and ended up with bright orange hair.

If you want a specific color I wouldn't do it at home, I'd get it professionally done. There are just too many things that can go wrong.

As for how it would look on you, I really don't know. A picture of you and the exact color you want, would help, but having said that, I say go for it. If worse comes to worse it will grow out. That's the great thing about hair. :)
    j2237806 Posts: 36, Reputation: 2

Jan 8, 2017, 07:24 PM
    Thank you for your answer. I'll just ask a hair expert or maybe my hair won't even dye to the purple color because I dyed it blue black like 2 months agoand my hair barely retains dyes.
    AlanKinNA Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2017, 09:52 AM
    You are responsible. For best results, go to an expert and pay.

If you are indy (independent) be prepared for your consequences. I'm not responsible for them.

So given that, be scientific, and cut some short samples of your own hair. Arrange the cut hair into 4 or 5 piles, and use hot glue to keep the bunches together. Once that's done they will look like paint brushes.

Prepare your dye keeping track of the quantity of solute (dye) and solvent (water).

Dye a sample. Let dry and in front of a mirror in natural light, hold the sample along with your normal color hair.

There you go.

Good luck, and... pay the money to get it done professionally.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Will color zap work on Ion Color Brilliance Brights Semi-Permanent blue hair color? [ 1 Answers ]

Will color zap work on Ion Color Brilliance Brights Semi-Permanent Aqua hair color?

What kind of dark mahogany brown hair color is better when it comes to color boxes? [ 1 Answers ]

I want to dye my hair a redish bronwinsh color and I had already bought a color box from revlon and it was color 32 dark mahagony brown and my naturall hair color is dark brown but when I dyed it it came out darker.. With not much red.. So is there anynother color brand that has more red in it.. I...

How long after dying my hair can I use a color zapper? What color will it turn my hai [ 2 Answers ]

My natural hair color is Dark/Medium Brown. Since summer, I've been dying my hair with a reddish tone. I haven't had my natural color since then. I decided to try black, I HATE IT. I look too pale and it looks like a wig. My friend told me about a loreal color zapper and I don't want to damage my...

At-home hair color using Color Zap, then Wella color [ 2 Answers ]

I have naturally medium brown hair. I have always looked better with blonde hair, and I went to salons for years to have my hair colored. I can no longer afford the $100+ visits every 3 weeks, so I have tried doing it myself. Recently I used Color Zap to remove all color (because I had several...

View more questions Search