Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ell17 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2017, 11:03 AM
    Selling entire contents of home
    I am selling my home and the contents....in the next couple of months!
    Any suggestions and good directions....and no I am not afraid of getting rid of my belongings.
    However the contents, furniture, wall hangings, linens and womens clothing, shoes, boots and purses...aren't junk!
    I have yard items as well!
    Thanks, ell
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jan 8, 2017, 12:33 PM
    Post in local newspaper, Craigslist or hold an Estate sale. If you don't feel comfortable, have a company do it for you. Last time I moved, I posted an ad on CL for all my leftover tools. Sold them to the first person who came by for $900.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jan 8, 2017, 12:54 PM
    If you are in a snowy climate, wait til spring.
    Leave one room off limits, such as your bedroom. Anything for sale in there move out, and anything in the rest of the house not for sale move in.
    I would do this in 3 parts:
    Put an ad in your local paper for major expensive items first, with your phone number. That weeds out a house full of too many strangers.
    Also put those major items on Facebook. If you don't have an account there, open one ASAP and start making 'friends,' because that's your best source, and you can post pictures. Pictures mean MORE MONEY and MORE BUYERS!
    A week or 2 after that, hold a tag sale, with 2 friends or paid helpers. Have prices on everything, and a table or two near your door for 10 cent to $3 items. (Don't lug a lot outside - you will just have to lug half of it back in again.)
    A week after that, have a final tag sale, everything half off. Donate the last stuff to charity, with a load to the transfer station (dump) tables, where the free items are left.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Selling our home on a land contract and the new buyer abandoned the home [ 8 Answers ]

Sold our house on a land contract and the buyer abandoned the home due to them not paying the electric bill. The buyer moved in with her boyfriend but left all her belongings in the home. My husband took the home back due to abandonment. Can he do this?

People who would come in and buy contents of a home [ 2 Answers ]

We have a large beautiful mid century modern home which has sold. We would like to sell the contents Can someone advise the best way to do this? Thank you Terri

How do creditors know who home contents belong to in order to seize them? [ 3 Answers ]

If creditors want to seize your home contents (if unemployed), how do they know who the contents belong to if the person they want to seize it from says it doesn't belong to them? And if you are the person in question, how can you protect yourself from them seizing your possessions?

Redo entire home [ 3 Answers ]

I want to re-do my entire home. Celiengs (redo texture design), flooring, painting. Kitchen. I want to relocate my washer/dryer to the basement and possibly enlarge my bedroom. Where do I start

Seize storage / home contents [ 1 Answers ]

If I lose a banks lawsuit... what happens? No money/ assets

View more questions Search