Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jan 8, 2017, 10:57 AM
    Should we actually GIVE Trump a chance?? WHY would we DO that??
    Hello:

I listened as they called my President a Muslim.
    I listened as they called him and his family a pack of monkeys.
    I listened as they said he wasn't born here.
    I watched as they blocked every single path to progress that they could.
    I saw the pictures of him as Hitler.
    I watched them shut down the government and hurt the entire nation twice.
    I watched them turn their backs on every opportunity to open worthwhile dialog.
    I watched them say that they would not even listen to any choice for Supreme Court no matter who the nominee was.
    I listened as they openly said that they will oppose him at every turn.
    I watched as they did just that.
    I listened.
    I watched.
    I paid attention.
    Now, I'm being called on to be tolerant.
    To move forward.
    To denounce protesters.
    To "Get over it."
    To accept this...
    I will not.
    I will do my part to make sure this great American mistake becomes the embarrassing footnote of our history that it deserves to be.
    I will do this as quickly as possible every chance I get.
    I will do my part to limit the damage that this man can do to my country.
    I will watch his every move and point out every single mistake and misdeed in a loud and proud voice.
    I will let you know in a loud voice every time this man backs away from a promise he made to them.
    Them. The people who voted for him.
    The ones who sold their souls and prayed for him to win.
    I will do this so that they never forget.
    And they will hear me.
    They will see it in my eyes when I look at them.
    They will hear it in my voice when I talk to them.
    They will know that I know who they are.
    They will know that I know what they are.
    Do not call for my tolerance. I've tolerated all I can. Now it's their turn to tolerate ridicule. Be aware, make no mistake about it, every single thing that goes wrong in our country from this day forward is now Trump's fault just as much as they thought it was Obama's. I find it unreasonable for them to expect from me what they were entirely unwilling to give.

I listened as they called my President a Muslim...

excon
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jan 8, 2017, 02:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    I will do my part to make sure this great American mistake becomes the embarrassing footnote of our history that it deserves to be.
    I listened as they called my President a Muslim...

excon
    Ex, Your President, as you call him, is a muslim, an admitted muslim, but he masquaraded as a Christian before elected which means he lied to the american people. The fact is your most recent holders of the office have been an embarrassment and everyone has had to be tolerant. Dump is unlikely to be better than Clintoon, Dublya, BO but he offers a promise of something different and he is telling it like it is so why don't you listen for a while
    catonsville Posts: 894, Reputation: 91

Jan 8, 2017, 02:47 PM
    Hello

Ex

[COLOR=#333333]"Ignorance can be educated, crazy can be medicated, but there is no cure for stupid."[/COLOR]
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 8, 2017, 02:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    Ex, Your President, as you call him, is a muslim, an admitted muslim, but he masquaraded as a Christian before elected which means he lied to the american people.
    Huh? Obama is not a Muslim. Admitted Muslim?
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Jan 8, 2017, 03:10 PM
    Ex, Your President, as you call him, is a muslim, an admitted muslim, but he masquaraded as a Christian before elected which means he lied to the american people. The fact is your most recent holders of the office have been an embarrassment and everyone has had to be tolerant. Dump is unlikely to be better than Clintoon, Dublya, BO but he offers a promise of something different and he is telling it like it is so why don't you listen for a while

Has someone hijacked paraclete post? Let's hope so.

The original post copied here by ex is EXACTLY how I - and many many others - feel about this travesty soon to be inaugurated. The sooner he is impeached, thr better.
    Ultra Member

Jan 8, 2017, 04:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Athos View Post

Has someone hijacked paraclete post? Let's hope so.

No one has hijacked my post. Dump remains a loudmouth braggart, however he maybe able to motivate the military-industrial complex in a way the panty-waisted former holders of the office have not. I think we have all sickened of the whinning of the defeated and dejected. Change is difficult, you just have to suck it up and see
    Uber Member

Jan 8, 2017, 04:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by catonsville View Post

[COLOR=#333333]"Ignorance can be educated, crazy can be medicated, but there is no cure for stupid."[/COLOR]
    Hello c:

I dunno. If you had brains, you'd offer an argument.. Instead, you call names. How dumb is that?

excon
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Jan 8, 2017, 04:25 PM
    Trump called the families of fallen police officers in the past few months. Obama doesn't do that. Just stating a fact.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jan 8, 2017, 04:34 PM
    I never liked Obama but as with others I have always respected the office of the Presidency. Im hoping that Trump can shake things up enough to start politicians thinking that just being elected isnt good enough and you actually have to produce something. This career lifetime politician position should be coming to an end. That is the true message of Trump.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 8, 2017, 04:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by teacherjenn4 View Post
    Trump called the families of fallen police officers in the past few months. Obama doesn't do that. Just stating a fact.
    Please document this. Your source for this tidbit?
    Ultra Member

Jan 8, 2017, 05:24 PM
    No one has hijacked my post.
    I was referring to this - Ex, Your President, as you call him, is a muslim, an admitted muslim, but he masquaraded as a Christian before elected which means he lied to the american people

Do you actually believe this?
    Education Expert

Jan 8, 2017, 06:08 PM
    My children's father was killed in the line of duty in October. The funeral was televised nationwide. It's a fact.
    Uber Member

Jan 8, 2017, 06:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by teacherjenn4 View Post
    Hello teach:

Did Trump call the families of black people killed by the police?? I didn't think so.

excon
    Education Expert

Jan 8, 2017, 06:48 PM
    I'm stating that Trump has been calling the families of fallen officers, but Obama did not. I am not going to speak about what I can't back up.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 8, 2017, 07:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cdad View Post
    but as with others I have always respected the office of the Presidency. Im hoping that Trump can shake things up enough to start politicians thinking that just being elected isnt good enough and you actually have to produce something.

The problem here is that, so far, the Trump Administration has produced a huge amount of questions about conflicts of interest and ethical questions on the part of Trump and his nominees. So far Trump and his Tweeting have largely been an embarrassment with potential danger of diplomacy.

I'm with excon here though not quite as strident. I will continue to point out his lies, his attacks against freedoms his proposals that appear to greatly burden the middle class while benefitting the upper class. But I will also point out any time he does something good, though there have been very few of those.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jan 8, 2017, 08:44 PM
    It's incredibly sad, and unfortunate, that so many in the country have fallen into an "us against them" mentality.

Perhaps it is how the media portrays things, and how then many follow suit. Regardless, fewer people appear to even want to try and work together on anything. Many are so focused on making a point of being oppositional, and not interested in any other point of view than their own.

Compromise has become a negative notion, and any hint of someone being inclined to consider it is quickly labeled as a sell out with having their good intentions not tolerated, even vilified.There is little left of what's good for the country, it's now what " I " want, and I'll yell, plot, and curse my way to getting it.

Disgusted and embarrassed by the whole lot of them... many of the prominent politicians, media, and more and more of the general public. The lack of maturity, integrity, and decency is appalling.

Answer to the question: Yes, of course we should give him a chance. Any president should be given a chance.There should be negotiations, compromise, and people willing to listen and exchange ideas. Americans should be hoping that things go well.

Tit for tat accomplishes nothing, is immature, shortsighted, and dangerous.
    catonsville Posts: 894, Reputation: 91

Jan 8, 2017, 10:15 PM
    Hello

EX

First of all I did not call you a name, just suggested 3 that you could pick from.

Why, would I want to give you credibility by presenting an argument to a fool.

Sorry Ex

No way to argue with some of the opinionated on here who think they are right.
    Ultra Member

Jan 9, 2017, 05:20 AM
    Yes I do. BO was raised as a muslim during his formative years and his actions betray him
    Uber Member

Jan 9, 2017, 06:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by catonsville View Post
    No way to argue with some of the opinionated on here who think they are right.
    Hello again, c:

That's what we do here - argue with people who DON'T agree with us.. If that's too much trouble for you, go wash the dishes..

excon
    Ultra Member

Jan 9, 2017, 08:02 AM
    Yes I do. BO was raised as a muslim during his formative years and his actions betray him
    Thank you for your response. I had NO idea you were part of the same category that includes "birtherism".

It's hard to know what to say to people like you who are so divorced from reality on certain issues. Although Obama's being a Muslim was dismissed early on, you have held onto this piece of nonsense. I wonder why.

At some level, it must serve you to believe this. Maybe it's a way for you to dismiss Obama being part of a group you disapprove of? Surely you must realize its patent silliness?

You did not answer where Obama "admitted" (your word) that he is a Muslim. Care to answer that one?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should I give him another chance [ 1 Answers ]

My ex cheated on me with my friend. I don't blame her because she had no idea I was with him. But he took advantage of that. When I confronted him about it, he says he is sorry and really wants me back and will do everything to get me back. He has broken all contact with the other girl. All my...

Should I give him a chance ? [ 4 Answers ]

There's this guy he has liked me for 5 months now but I don't like him back and I don't think I will ever grow feelings for him he really does love me he has asked me out two times and I have said no because I don't like him only as a friend and he has cried for me and I have cried because I feel...

Should I give my ex-bf a chance? [ 6 Answers ]

Hi all, My current situation now is that my ex-bf called me this past weeks but I never answer. I wanted to but I was afraid that he is going to use me. I want to know what his motivation was by calling me but I am not sure if I should just pick it up or let it go. He messaged me on msn too but...

Should I give him a second chance? [ 3 Answers ]

Okay, there's this guy that I dated for about a year. We never became boyfriend and girlfriend... he was never "ready." Now a year later he tells he doesn't want to see anymore. He just wants to be friends. A few days later I found out he got a 17 year old girlfriend. He's 21 am 23. He slept with...

Should I give my ex another chance? [ 11 Answers ]

I'm 17 and I started going out with this guy when I was 15 (( off and on )). Well we'd always break up over silly things because at the time we were young and had no clue what we were doing. The 4th time we broke up it was because I "thought" we were growing apart and I wanted something new because...

View more questions Search