Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 10, 2017, 05:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    He's already dome more about increasing the number of jobs than Obama has...
    C'mon. You know that's not true. If anything, he has given companies permission to threaten to pull up stakes and thus blackmail us.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jan 10, 2017, 05:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    C'mon. You know that's not true. If anything, he has given companies permission to threaten to pull up stakes and thus blackmail us.
    Don't you just love circular arguments? Seriously, Don't you just love circular arguments?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 10, 2017, 06:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    Don't you just love circular arguments? Seriously, Don't you just love circular arguments?
    How so? That what he has done more than once! Please refute with documentation.
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Jan 11, 2017, 02:39 AM
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ost-since-1980
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 11, 2017, 07:13 AM
    Trump has fellow repubs slobbing at the mouth all right at the possibilities of making MO" MONEY, but let's not forget what happened after Bush cut taxes and deregulated in 2002. Sounds like more supply side economics to me but we won't know until after all the seasonal layoffs and store closings have been factored in and then we still await what Trump actually does.

I mean if saving/making jobs in America looks anything like his Carrier deal then we are in for a rocky ride indeed.

Donald Trump Carrier Deal: It Is a Good Deal | Fortune.com

Carrier Deal Gets Worse As Trump Spent 7 Million Taxpayer Dollars To Keep 800 Jobs In US
    earl237 Posts: 532, Reputation: 57

Jan 17, 2017, 12:28 PM
    When I look at the people at Trump rallies, I always think of this quote from George Carlin, "Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." He was a very wise man.
    Expert

Jan 17, 2017, 12:45 PM
    Dems should give Trump the same chance and support repubs gave Obama from day one.

Sounds fair to me!
    Ultra Member

Jan 17, 2017, 03:34 PM
    I thought they have done that already
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jan 17, 2017, 03:43 PM
    I thought they have done that already
    Not even close... there was NEVER violence, and organized threats calling for Obama's death or assassination like the left has been doing. Let them "Protest" like they have been known to do in Virginia, like the degenerate behavior in Baltimore and Ferguson. They can expect a LOT of them to be shot to death by Virginians who won't put up with ANY of that crap here if they try.

Of course many on the left typically prefer to make up their own facts of stuff that never happened. Reality is a bit hard for some of them to deal with face to face.

Name:  hypoctites.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  59.3 KB
    Ultra Member

Jan 17, 2017, 04:52 PM

Of course many on the left typically prefer to make up their own facts of stuff that never happened. Reality is a bit hard for some of them to deal with face to face.

Looks like a mob of zombies to me
    Uber Member

Jan 17, 2017, 07:30 PM
    Looks like a mob of zombies to me

Like zombies... not a lot of cerebral activity taking place. Just wait...you will see the same crowd that was harping on Bush about Afghanistan, was silent about Afghanistan the last 8 years and rooting for Syria...and soon they will suddenly have a problem with it again....when nothing has changed. Like a broken record. And as predictable as the sunrise and sunset.
    Ultra Member

Jan 17, 2017, 09:20 PM
    Like zombies... not a lot of cerebral activity taking place. Just wait...you will see the same crowd that was harping on Bush about Afghanistan, was silent about Afghanistan the last 8 years and rooting for Syria...and soon they will suddenly have a problem with it again....when nothing has changed. Like a broken record. And as predictable as the sunrise and sunset.

Let's establish the ground from the start, Bush was wrong about Iraq, Obama was wrong about Libya, let's not have any bleeding hearts about afghanistan, they harboured terrorists, and the same can be said of Syria. I say bomb the crap out of Racca and leave them to it
    Uber Member

Jan 18, 2017, 10:10 AM
    If someone's a Peacenik, I'm fine with that as long as they are consistent no matter what administration is in office. I have no Issues with us being in Afghanistan, Didn't under Bush, didn't under Obama.. what I have issues with is how they are pursue it with their stupid rules of engagement... Same mistakes they made in Vietnam... tying one arm and one leg behind our back.. and some cases blindfolding them too. You put our soldiers in danger.. you should give them the free rein to do what it takes. Or don't bother. Middle ground gets people killed for no reason.

As far as Libya, that was stupid... they weren't bothering us... and Syria, as bad as he might have been, at least he was keeping the degenerates under his control in check... Iraq? If Saddam had played nice and simply honored the terms of the cease fire agreement... he would still be alive and kicking today, oppressing the degenerates in his country. Taking him out wasn't unprovoked, but the limited rules of engagement again... hogtied our troops unnecessarily. Do that and more of our people die because of some "political correctness". "Measured response" in military actions nearly always translates into.. "lets see how badly we can F this up"

Hell proof of that dates back at LEAST as far as the Korean war (for the USA) the Brits pulled some legendary stupidity in WW1 during the trench Warfare... doesn't anyone ever learn from past events?
    Ultra Member

Jan 18, 2017, 03:07 PM
    If someone's a Peacenik, I'm fine with that as long as they are consistent no matter what administration is in office. I have no Issues with us being in Afghanistan, Didn't under Bush, didn't under Obama.. what I have issues with is how they are pursue it with their stupid rules of engagement... Same mistakes they made in Vietnam... tying one arm and one leg behind our back.. and some cases blindfolding them too. You put our soldiers in danger.. you should give them the free rein to do what it takes. Or don't bother. Middle ground gets people killed for no reason.

As far as Libya, that was stupid... they weren't bothering us... and Syria, as bad as he might have been, at least he was keeping the degenerates under his control in check... Iraq? If Saddam had played nice and simply honored the terms of the cease fire agreement... he would still be alive and kicking today, oppressing the degenerates in his country. Taking him out wasn't unprovoked, but the limited rules of engagement again... hogtied our troops unnecessarily. Do that and more of our people die because of some "political correctness". "Measured response" in military actions nearly always translates into.. "lets see how badly we can F this up"

Hell proof of that dates back at LEAST as far as the Korean war (for the USA) the Brits pulled some legendary stupidity in WW1 during the trench Warfare... doesn't anyone ever learn from past events?
    Smoothy, you know the military mind only learns that they are superior, some want to replay the tactics of old battles, some are just stupid. The idea that you can protect civilian populations in urban warfare is what causes problems today, if such ideas existed in WWII, the whole of Europe would have been under Russian domination. If your enemy has the intention to fight to the last man, end it quickly
    Uber Member

Jan 18, 2017, 03:35 PM
    I agree...
    Expert

Jan 19, 2017, 08:21 AM
    I don't because the truth is there are no quick easy fixes once the war starts.
    Uber Member

Jan 19, 2017, 09:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    I don't because the truth is there are no quick easy fixes once the war starts.
    Nobody said there was Tal, problem is the halfazz way they have been doing it since Korea makes actually winning that much harder. And it gets the average soldier killed at far higher rates than it should.

The PC crap with their really stupid restrictive rules of engagement make it almost impossible to win. Its your average Soldier (picking a general term to use as its not JUST the army involved) is who pays the price for the PC BS their superiors pull. Many of them politicians.

Go in to win... or get the hell out... half measures drag things out and gets our people killed unnecessarily.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 19, 2017, 09:45 AM
    And the innocent people who live there and are caught in the crossfire? Too bad for them, I guess.
    Uber Member

Jan 19, 2017, 09:55 AM
    And the innocent people who live there and are caught in the crossfire? Too bad for them, I guess.
    Yep... they either voted for them, supported them or put up with them... either way.. they aren't all that innocent.

Unless we get into it during an actual civil war when they are trying to do something. But being on the wrong side? Not our problem.

Women and kids have been making themselves part of this since forever.

One of my best friends saw guys in his platoon die in Vietnam from women who had explosive in a baby cart under a real baby, and another time had a toddler roll a hand grenade towards him, luckily kid wasn't old enough to remember to pull the pin like they were told or my friend would never have lived long enough to become my friend.

Middle east does the same thing on a regular basis. They have a far different concept of the value of a human life than we have. Meaning they have almost none.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 19, 2017, 10:17 AM
    But they have no knowledge in or experience with alternate points of view and political ideas. For instance, look at North Korea and what has been drummed into the heads of the populace for decades. You and I know there's a better way, but they don't. Or don't dare mention it out loud. Torture and death will result. Look how far Vietnam has come (and is still moving forward).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should I give him another chance [ 1 Answers ]

My ex cheated on me with my friend. I don't blame her because she had no idea I was with him. But he took advantage of that. When I confronted him about it, he says he is sorry and really wants me back and will do everything to get me back. He has broken all contact with the other girl. All my...

Should I give him a chance ? [ 4 Answers ]

There's this guy he has liked me for 5 months now but I don't like him back and I don't think I will ever grow feelings for him he really does love me he has asked me out two times and I have said no because I don't like him only as a friend and he has cried for me and I have cried because I feel...

Should I give my ex-bf a chance? [ 6 Answers ]

Hi all, My current situation now is that my ex-bf called me this past weeks but I never answer. I wanted to but I was afraid that he is going to use me. I want to know what his motivation was by calling me but I am not sure if I should just pick it up or let it go. He messaged me on msn too but...

Should I give him a second chance? [ 3 Answers ]

Okay, there's this guy that I dated for about a year. We never became boyfriend and girlfriend... he was never "ready." Now a year later he tells he doesn't want to see anymore. He just wants to be friends. A few days later I found out he got a 17 year old girlfriend. He's 21 am 23. He slept with...

Should I give my ex another chance? [ 11 Answers ]

I'm 17 and I started going out with this guy when I was 15 (( off and on )). Well we'd always break up over silly things because at the time we were young and had no clue what we were doing. The 4th time we broke up it was because I "thought" we were growing apart and I wanted something new because...

View more questions Search