Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tiger094 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2017, 03:13 AM
    How do I change the heat strip staging on communicating system
    Goodman heatpump AVPTC airhandler with comfortnet communicating thermostat (4 wire) and 15KW heat strips. When its too cold for the heat pump and the electric heat is on, it kicks on low and I get about 88 degrees coming out the closest vent. If I manually bump the thermostat 2 or 3 degrees, the high heat kicks in and the temp is about 114 degrees coming out of the vent. I don't know if low is 5kw and high is 10kw? I think it is since low heat is only warm. I would like to either have low 10kw or the whole 15kw. How can I accomplish this?
    A) Even though I have a 4 wire thermostat RC12, do I jump w1/w2 at the thermostat block on the circuit board?

B) Where the 3 wires from the heat strips plug into the top of the circuit board. C,W2, W1 (brown,white, blue) do I jump W1/W2 or unplug W2 from the socket and splice into W1?

C) Unplug the W1 and W2 from their heat strip sockets and switch them?

D) something else?

Check out some similar questions!

How to change electric heat to a gas heating system? [ 7 Answers ]

How do you change electric heat to a gas heating system for the house? How much would this cost? How big of a job is it?

2008 4 ton Goodman heat pump doesn't switch into electric strip heat? [ 18 Answers ]

OK even when its 17*F out I can still here it running at night. So is this a problem? I mean it runs non stop.

Heat strip only gets a little hot on top strip on the bottom it will not get red [ 1 Answers ]

Luxaire heat strip will only get warm on top strip around 70 bottom will not get anything. If you switch the wires, the bottom is warm top has nothing.

Optimum Point for Strip Heat vs. Heat Pump [ 1 Answers ]

My heat pump has electric heat strips for emergency and auxiliary heat. My thermostat is designed to call for strip heat if there is more than a 2 degree difference between the set point and the ambient temperature in the room. It's clear that the efficiency of a heat pump decreases as the...

Heat strip not working on my goodman heat pump [ 1 Answers ]

Heat strip not working on my goodman heat pump

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.