Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jan 7, 2017, 05:16 PM
    to szunker with the Papillon
    It seems that someone closed the old thread that you tacked your question on to.

Here's what I wrote that wouldn't post: My small short haired dog (JRT) didn't have any skin problems until she was past about 8 years old, then she got bare spots, itching, and both dry and oily areas.
    After trying everything else, I bathed her in a sink full of several gallons of warm water with just about 1/8 cup vinegar and a nickel sized spot of antibacterial hand soap.
    Cured all skin problems instantly. I bathed her when young every 2 months, when middle age about once a month, and when all the problems started in old age, whenever she got 'poochy' smelling and itchy, about every 2 weeks.

I had read this on a blog by someone else who got a tremendous amount of flack for it. It WORKED for my dog.

Check out some similar questions!

Papillon itching [ 11 Answers ]

I have a 2 year old papillon that itches and it's driving him crazy. I took him to the vet about 8 months ago since he had several raw spots around his back side from scratching/biting. He was totally parasite free and the vet ran all possible tests on him which all came back negative. He...

Why won't my papillon eat [ 2 Answers ]

I have tried everything with my 7mo old puppy and I can't seem to get her to eat. She will just nibble at her food,tried every food out there grain free to raw to home cooked. She goes through these spells that she doesn't want to eat so I have to feed baby food through syringe. Vet doesn't...

Papillon wetting on himself [ 1 Answers ]

We have a male (approx 10 months old) natural Papillon who routinely wets on himself (chest and front legs) when he is let outside to potty. We have 2 other dogs in the house, a male neutered Chihuahua (2 yrs old) and a female, spayed retriever mix (approx 1 yr old). Neither of these other 2 dogs...

14week Papillon pooping inside [ 1 Answers ]

I have trained my puppy to urinate outside, but she refuses to deficate outside. She will cry when we are outside, to go inside to deficate. I don't know what to do and how to make her comfortable pooping outside. Please help. Thanks Sarah

Papillon freezing and won't potty outside. [ 1 Answers ]

Ok.. I brought my 10 week old papillon home 3 days ago from the petstore. She is on a schedule with feeding and I take her out every time she wakes up, eats, or comes out of her crate. We stay out as long as I can stand it (or until she's shivering uncontrollably) but all she does is whine. If I...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.