Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jammy23 Posts: 545, Reputation: 0

Jan 7, 2017, 02:57 PM
    Facebook question
    I messed up by telling a friend not to put her real birthday on Facebook so she
    Put born in 1900. Now she had her computer fixed and everything like it was a
    New computer.. a mac... (I'm bad at technical stuff) and she changed her
    Password. It was then that Facebook cut her off . Turns out FB cuts off
    Birthdates at 1901.

She found she originally put in 1905 She sent them her drivers license (she
    Doesn't have a phono on FB, just on her license.

They cut her off and its my fault. I don't know how to help her. Do you?
    Is there any customer service for FB. I couldn't find any.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jan 7, 2017, 03:36 PM
    Start over and don't lie so much about such things.
    Your DoB is part of the security that they use for recovering accounts after you lock them out..

Jan 7, 2017, 04:14 PM
    What do you mean start over?? If she tries to join like a new person
    They will have her name and screen, etc.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 7, 2017, 05:12 PM
    Start over from the beginning. Entire new account. Many people have the same name.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jan 7, 2017, 05:18 PM
    It isn't easy to start a new account on Facebook these days. You have to find the 'not you?' link or they keep reverting to you.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jan 7, 2017, 08:16 PM
    Start a new account. If she was stupid enough to listen to you and put a birth year of 1900, she should stop listening to your advice. I mean really, at 117 years old she should know better.

Jan 8, 2017, 08:45 AM
    To Alty: It seems to me that that your reply was filled with hostility and if that's how you get your reputation, I'd call that inaccurate. Also, what you suggest is
    Illegal. Starting a new account won't work because they have your email address
    And would consider it two accounts. Also starting over means losing seven years
    Of contacts so that solution takes a back seat. I see you're a pet expert. My guess is that you specialize in snakes.
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Jan 8, 2017, 09:57 AM
    To be blunt, you can't help her, now. This is between her and Fb.

If she 'sent' them her driver's license then she obviously has found their customer service. What have they told her?

Was the year the only thing she changed on her birthdate?

Jan 8, 2017, 11:47 AM
    No. When FB first came to be popular she was afraid to give out her name so she used an alias. She long forgot that password. She then wrote and
    Explained all this plus sent her passport info and photo and library card
    Photo, etc. now she's waiting for a reply.
    Expert

Jan 8, 2017, 03:18 PM
    She creates a new throwaway email account then a new FB account. What is so hard about that?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jan 8, 2017, 04:56 PM
    I am glad I am not on Facebook nor interested in being ;)
    Pets Expert

Jan 8, 2017, 07:13 PM
    To Alty: It seems to me that that your reply was filled with hostility and if that's how you get your reputation, I'd call that inaccurate. Also, what you suggest is
    Of contacts so that solution takes a back seat. I see you're a pet expert. My guess is that you specialize in snakes.
    Hostility? No. Humor, yes. But not everyone gets humor. That's okay.

Where did you get the info that having more than one account on FB is illegal? That's simply not true. It may be frowned upon, but a lot of people do it and FB doesn't care. I personally know people with 3 or more accounts on FB. You can have as many accounts as you want. It's very easy actually. Start a gmail account, and then create a new account on FB and tell her contacts to add her to that account. Very simple. Think of a family of people all with the same email address. How do you think they get separate accounts on FB? They start a gmail, or other free email account, and voilą.

There's nothing she can do to convince them to reinstate the old account. She's tried, they've refused. So she can either give up on FB, or do what has been suggested and start a new accouont.

Never had any interest in snakes. I do have friends that have them, but I'd never be able to own a pet that needs to eat other animals to stay alive. Just not my thing.
    Expert

Jan 8, 2017, 09:14 PM
    . Rude much?

Having multiple FB accounts is not illegal. In fact I have 3. One for my work, another to keep in touch with family overseas, and a third just for fun. In time she will reconnect with her contacts.

Jan 8, 2017, 09:34 PM
    After sending them her passport photo, other photo ID and license and the
    Full story they re-instated her.
    Expert

Jan 8, 2017, 09:47 PM
    I would never send such personal information. Guess we'll see how this plays out soon enough.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jan 9, 2017, 02:36 PM
    I wish your friend luck. This is way too much information to send to any unsecure source. She needs now to watch everything she has so identity theft doesn't occur.
    Expert

Jan 9, 2017, 03:53 PM
    She needs to check her credit frequently.
    Pets Expert

Jan 9, 2017, 04:18 PM
    From one bad decision to another. Sending personal info like this is even a worse idea than making your birth date 1900. I hope this doesn't come back to bite her in the butt.
    zwatcher Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

Jan 10, 2017, 03:20 AM
    I'm very happy for you, usually Facebook is not helpful at all and will not even communicate with you.

as to multiple accounts, you can create as many as you want using webmail like outlook, gmail and Yahoo alternate email addresses.

I have many, 1 for friends and family, 1 fore work, one for free expression without backlash i.e. a Facebook where I can be completely, brutally honest without offending my friends, 1 for sexy fun with the ladies, etc

Jan 10, 2017, 07:38 AM
    When you have these accounts don't you have to fill in your name,
    Address, birthdate, etc. If you put a phony name, how will your
    Friends find you?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Facebook question [ 4 Answers ]

There doesn't seem to be a delete button for my photos. I can't figure Out how to delete some of the photos. Any suggestions would be Appreciated. Today when I went on Facebook, ALL of my photos were there... that's About 100 photos... don't know why.

Question re Facebook [ 0 Answers ]

All of a sudden I go on FB and I usually have a full page of other friends submissions. Now I go on there And I only have three at the most. I can easily get onto my own page, but when I first go on, I look at What everyone has written... but now there are like three subjects or three people...

Facebook Question [ 1 Answers ]

If you eliminate a friend from your Facebook friends list do their coments on your page also disappear?

View more questions Search