Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    john-81 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2017, 01:38 PM
    How to wire rows of lights with 3-way switches
    Can I control 3 rows of 2 lights/row using 3, 3-way switches in two locations connected by a single 3-wire cable between switches?
    stanfortyman Posts: 5,598, Reputation: 279
    Electrical & Lighting Expert

Jan 6, 2017, 02:02 PM
    Absolutely not. You'll need a 3-wire for each set of 3-way switches.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jan 17, 2017, 08:10 AM
    One Bank of switches will need a constant hot and ground. The other Bank will need the 3 sets of lights run to it(hot, neutral and ground. Between the 2 switch banks, you will need 2 travelers for each switch. 2 Blue, 2 Brown, and 2 purple for example, and a ground.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jan 17, 2017, 08:17 AM
    Just remembered, you could do that with 6 Insteon 2477D's. Could be pricey. But Doable.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to wire 3 switches that will operate 3 separate rows of lights starting from pane [ 5 Answers ]

I'm building a shop but are unsure of wiring

Wire 3 switches for 3 lights with one feed [ 1 Answers ]

Trying to figure out how to wire a 3rd light switch into and existing 2 switch panel. There are 3 wires from the existing 2 lights (one white and two red) and a red loop. My new light with no power is to the 3rd switch, (one red one black). How to I get power from the 1st two switches to the...

I want to wire two lights at each end of two 3way switches [ 1 Answers ]

Power source coming to light then down to 3way switch from there to another 3way switch up to another light I would like both switches too control both lights from either switch

Wiring three switches for three lights. One red wire. [ 9 Answers ]

Here is the situation... I have one outdoor fixture, an outdoor outlet (used to be a lamp post) and an indoor light fixture. This is what I was able to get to work (turn each on an off individually without affecting anything else): All three white wires are wire nutted together. All three...

View more questions Search