Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jellybeans1 Posts: 52, Reputation: 3

Jan 5, 2017, 04:42 PM
    Is it okay to take senior multivitamins at young age?
    I am a 24 year old female and I am extremely malnutrished as I don't eat much. I just found out I have high blood pressure due to a combination of me being overweight, malnutrished, stressed and my mental health medications. I am wondering if I'd benefit from multivitamins and if it would be okay to take senior multivitamins for women. I was thinking of the senior ones because they have a higher amount of vitamins in them.
    This is what I bought and I just want to make sure it's okay for me to take these
    Kirkland Signature™ Formula Forte Senior Women -- 365 Tablets
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 5, 2017, 04:52 PM
    What does your doctor say?
    jellybeans1 Posts: 52, Reputation: 3

Jan 5, 2017, 05:11 PM
    I didn't have a chance to ask him because I was being rushed and don't have an appointment for a month. If I could see him sooner I would, but I can't so I am hoping for an answer from someone with knowledge or experience on this.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 5, 2017, 05:52 PM
    First why not start a balanced diet ? That solves most needs for any vitamins at all.

Next most of the marketing for age and things is myth and hype, with little difference.
    But with that said, just take a normal regular one, excess vitimans just get flushed from system in most cases
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jan 6, 2017, 08:35 AM
    You say that you are overweight, yet don't eat much. That is so rare that it means you should not be asking questions about anything medical online.
    (Usually, of course, the person who is overweight IS eating TOO much....)
    Are you willing to clear that part up for us?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 6, 2017, 08:47 AM
    I highly suggest you WAIT to see your doctor and have your questions written down so you can ask him. It's unwise to take any health program on without the guidance of a doctor because there may be serious issues to address first.

Taking vitamins may not be the best way to go for you. Why not CALL him and see if he will advise you before your next scheduled appointment?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jan 6, 2017, 09:18 AM
    I agree with the others... given your situation, its best to speak with your doctor. Taking supplemental vitamins isn't without risk. Too much of a certain vitamins can cause very serious issues. Some worse than others. As was mentioned... most of your dietary needs are achieved through a balanced diet... and specific needs identified by a doctor can be addressed according to their directions. If you've made it this long, another month isn't going to hurt.

Most supplements are scams... meant to separate you from your money. They are not regulated by the FDA or even looked at by them unless and until there have been reports of deaths or injuries, THEN and only then does it ever get their attention. Same with products marketed as ALL NATURAL, key giveaway none of their claims have actually been proven by actual real impartial clinical trials that are recognized by the medical community. Despite what their advertising claims... its all in the small print... creatively worded to just squeak around the law.
    loardeva Posts: 25, Reputation: 1

Feb 17, 2017, 12:45 AM
    You should start a balanced diet as soon as possible.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Feb 17, 2017, 10:25 AM
    Our physical body only absorbs what it needs out of any vitamin we take, and disposes of the rest. Taking a SENIOR vitamin ensemble would only be a waste of money, but even then, senior vitamins are no different then those labeled for fifty and over. And then again, there are different versions for men and women, women needing a different variety then men do.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Too far to travel at a young age [ 3 Answers ]

Me and my 3 year old are living in Ireland now after me and her father spilt in nov. His parents arrive to take her over for a weeks break soon to see her father in England. The traveling for a young child who has been through a major change new home, nursery, lost of friends etc truly has me...

Senior dogs age 9 [ 4 Answers ]

My Senior 9 year old Min Pin, Deficates in the house when im not home... or when im not looking, what is this about??!?! my roomates have had enough and now she is not longer welcome.. she is trained.. and knows to go outside.. what the heck is going on!! im frazzled

Young age masturbation [ 5 Answers ]

I am a 33yr old mother. My son who is just 7, has already started masturbating regularly. He does it at home and since last 6 months has been doing it at school too. His class teachers have complained to me a number of times catching him in the act. I have spoken to him many times and told him that...

Young age dating [ 1 Answers ]

OK I know I'm crazy but I don't care.. I just need help... I like a guy I meet he lives in California and I live in Minnesota... Andim 13 turning 14 next year :( He's 17 turning 18 in 7 months... So there's two problems... Long distance Age. But I don't expect it to last too long so it...

View more questions Search