Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    avaldez2488 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 5, 2017, 08:36 AM
    Can I manipulate my period
    I was just prescribed Microgestin fe 1.5/30 I want to use it to delay my future periods by 1 week because I am trying to conceive. My husband unfortunately works abroad and we won't see each other until April 27-May 12. My period is scheduled for April 11 and I usually ovulate 14 days after. My periods are very regular every 28 days. I want to know if I could use the pill to
    Delay my period by a week so I can have my period April 18 and push my fertility window to April 28-May 2
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jan 5, 2017, 03:59 PM
    You can use birth control pills to sometimes postpone a period, but keep in mind that their main function is to prevent pregnancy. Microgestin is designed to cause changes to your cervical mucus and halt proper ovulation, so there is no guarantee that you would actually ovulate when you want or that your body would even be hospitable to sperm that are present.

You could certainly try and see what happens... you have nothing to lose, and who knows how your body may respond.

Given your situation, you may want to speak to your doctor, if you haven't already, about having some testing done to better pinpoint your ovulation. If you haven't done so, you could be surprised that your ovulation may generally occur at a different time than you suspect. Even a few days can make a difference.

Good luck!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 5, 2017, 05:54 PM
    I agree, while it could alter your period date, it will also make it harder to conceive. Does the doctor understand you are trying to conceive ?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can you manipulate the appearance of people in movies? [ 3 Answers ]

Is it possible to "Photoshop" a music video all throughout, or a normal movie making the people in it look "enhanced"? I am not talking about obvious changes, but more like a really good animation that enhances the human body making it look more attractive and so on, THROUGHOUT the movie. I do...

Short period, missed period, unprotected sex, brown discharge am I pregnant? [ 2 Answers ]

Okay so I'm on the pill and I had my period for about 3 days then took pills for 2 days I was unable to get to the doc and got my period for one more day I had unprotected sex the following day and my boyfriend went inside me I didn't take my pills for the rest of the month me and my boyfriend...

Does my partner manipulate me [ 11 Answers ]

My partner , has a drink problem and he can get very aggressive when drunk he scares me really , I v been going on at him to stop drinking because I just can't cope with it any more , whenever we have a row it is always my fault for over reacting (I end up saying sorry) It all came to a head last...

Boyfriends Children manipulate and lie [ 1 Answers ]

Should I allow my boyfriends children's rudeness, lies and theft from my children to break us up? His 14 year old daughter steals my 13 year olds daughters things and when confronted always has an excuse which gets her out of trouble. They are best friends and it is hurting my daughter. He says...

View more questions Search