Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Stillwater Lake Posts: 30, Reputation: 1

Jan 5, 2017, 04:02 AM
    Well water supply to the house if nobody lives in the house
    Dear members!
    My question is whether I can close the well water supply to the house which is heated by the furnace which has a circulator pump between furnace and hot water tank and hot water is used to heat the house .
    If I close the main water valve , the house is still being heated because it's a closed circuit system , correct?
    Thank you
    Homeowner
    AlanKinNA Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2017, 09:31 AM
    If I were you, I'd be very careful, very careful. How can you trust your system to the replies of us unknowns? I'd be totally guessing to say your system may have a "flush" of the held water, so if you were to close off the water supply, it may have an effect on the system, if a flush cycle occurs. I don't know anything about your system, and I am not a plumber, but I can use logic sometimes. Please, for your own sake, be careful aye?
    Missouri Bound Posts: 1,532, Reputation: 94
    Ultra Member

Jan 16, 2017, 08:46 PM
    To the original poster:
    If you have a hot water system it depends on pressure to keep everything working properly. If you turn off the supply it may not be able to attain that pressure.
    To Alan.
    What the hell is "flush cycle"?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Adequate size for water supply line to house... [ 10 Answers ]

Looking for insights into what the minimum size the water supply line should be from the street to the house. We are considering buying a home and we noticed the supply is only 1/2". We have been living with a 3/4" line so we are familiar with that capacity. Is 1/2" adequate for modern lifestyle?...

Trying to install outside brass faucet on house water supply pipe which is PVC. [ 3 Answers ]

First attempt, I over tightened and within week PVC connector cracked and leaked. Second attempt, I merely hand tightened with additional teflon tape but faucet rotates when yard hose is attached causing slight drip with more potential leakage. Any suggestions as to how to successfully accomplish...

How to set ice maker when I cut off water supply to house? [ 3 Answers ]

I am going on vacation and due to past water lines bursting nightmares I have been cutting off the main water supply to the house. Plumber said there was nothing extra I needed to do. Yet when I got back my ice maker (independent under counter type) was making a lot of noise and sounded like it...

Whole house water supply copper to cpvc [ 2 Answers ]

I recently bought a house with a private well . The previous owner never had any type of water treatment or filter system on the water supply. Because of this all the 1/2" copper tube is lined with sediment and sludge restricting the flow to all faucets and outlets. There is already some 3/4" cpvc...

View more questions Search