Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    yhgolden Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2017, 10:38 AM
    Red blood cells in dogs
    How can I quickly in crease her red blood cell count at home. She has had nose bleeds and has been extensively tested from blood test to contrasting scans to nose scope.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jan 4, 2017, 01:02 PM
    Why do you think she needs that in the first place? If it was even possible.

Since you have been to the vet more than a few times as you say "has been extensively tested" what did the Vet have to say about this?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jan 4, 2017, 02:04 PM
    If your dog's gums are white, or pale, that means your dog is enemic. If the gums are pink and healthy looking, then don't worry about her red blood cell count. Of course can introduce cooked grd. Beef into the feed, but not necessary if the gums are pink.
    yhgolden Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2017, 02:13 PM
    The main question to the VET's was how to stop the nose bleeds not how to rebuild the red blood cells -- which I did not get - that is my question because of the bleed which has lowered the red blood count. I have insisted on a transfusion - which she got -- that brought her count up from 19 to 28 -- but never received any information on bring the count up.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My dog keep losing red blood cells and needs transfusion [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I have a 5 years old mini schnauser who is very sick right now. Almost 3 weeks ago when my wife was walking him he ate something which she couldn't get it out of his mouth. Following days, he started acting very slowly and eating less. During those 2-3 days, he ate very little and...

Continuation of red blood cells with blood and protein in urine [ 3 Answers ]

I saw the urologist today, I over heard him tell the nurse I needed a biopesy immeditaly, I gasped. Then they talked in a low voice arguing. He came in I told him what happened over the weekend... he said you have kidney stones I told him how the hospital I won't say which one said that I did not....

Red blood cells and blood in urine and severe pain now [ 12 Answers ]

Nov of 2008 I had a UA report that showed blood red blood cells protein ext. I had flank pain severe in my left side that lasted for about 4 days on the 2cd day I went to the Hos. They did many tests only to confirm no infections no stones. About 3 weeks ago I had another UA report that showed 120...

Red blood cell count in dogs [ 2 Answers ]

Is there anybody out there who can advise me on how to increase the red blood count in dogs without meds?

View more questions Search