Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Fossums Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 3, 2017, 02:34 PM
    How can I double check automated finance charges?
    This is more a mathematical question, but a customer is claiming QB is figuring the FC wrong.
    How can I double check these? I am usually pretty good at math but must be missing something. I am guessing it has something to do with the day I assess the charge but I don't know.
    Net 10, 1.5%, 31 grace period, invoice/billed date
    EXP. 1)
    3/15 - $577.50, 3/18 - $4286.84
    Finance Charge assessed 4/28 for $99.21

I can not figure how they came up with $99.21 to prove to my customer this is correct. Please Advise
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jan 4, 2017, 04:20 AM
    I would guess that the charge is computed on the daily balance, not just new charges. Not enough info. Regardless, this is a question for the bank.
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Jan 4, 2017, 02:10 PM
    It seems that interest charges are billed from the purchase date, not starting with net 10 days. And the rate is 1.5% per month (i.e. 18% per year).

$577.50 x 18%/yr x 44 days/365 days/yr = $12.53
    $4286.84 x 18%/yr x 34 days/365 days/yr = $86.68
    Total = $99.21

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Automated Respose: XP 2002 Any link on how to Block Emails like automated response? [ 4 Answers ]

I want to do an Automated Response for my inbox, and importantly to Remove it or Delete it after a few days? Any help much appreciated.:(

Accounting for Finance Charges [ 3 Answers ]

Where would you post a finance charge? Would you post it the expense account which you are using to pay the bill? For instance, you are paying a food bill late and they assess a fee, would you charge the fee to food? Or to Bank Fees? Or something else?

Credit card finance charges [ 1 Answers ]

Because of a balance transfer was used. Two finance charges appear every Month. The cash finance charge and the purchase finance charge. If the balance of the credit card is paid off fully. Will reoccurring charges Still be subject to the two finance charges??

Double carpet charges from lardlord! [ 2 Answers ]

I rented an apartment for 4 yrs. When I moved in, the carpet was brand new. After 4 yrs of use, the only damage to the (poorly installed) carpet other than normal wear and tear was a hall corner torn up from vacuuming. I expected to be charged for replacing that area. However, the landlord replaced...

View more questions Search