Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jan 2, 2017, 08:27 AM
    Trump HATES the intelligence services. How DANGEROUS is that??
    Hello:

He's GONNA destroy us.. You KNOW THAT, right???

excon
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jan 2, 2017, 09:37 AM
    Are you sure he hates them or is it more about boundaries ? Also there doesn't appear to be unification between the alphabet departments so it makes for a lot of waste.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 2, 2017, 10:03 AM
    I think he wants to be a dictator like Vlad. Nothing else matters.
    Uber Member

Jan 2, 2017, 10:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by cdad View Post
    Also there doesn't appear to be unification between the alphabet departments
    Hello again, dad:

Nice to see you.

Hmmm... Sounds like a PERFECT opportunity to MOLD the intelligence to SAY what you WANT it to say. Putin is our FRIEND, is the new there are WMD's in Iraq...

excon
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jan 2, 2017, 02:08 PM
    Sounds like a PERFECT opportunity to MOLD the intelligence to SAY what you WANT it to say.
    The intelligence services exist to inform the government not the populace so Dump is skeptical of their performance since they leak like a sieve. If all he has is a bunch of sicophants what use are they? The intelligence services have been shown to be singlely unintelligent and wrong footed on several occasions so Dump may shake them up
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 2, 2017, 03:34 PM
    If one looks at how many intelligence services there are, and how many separate data bases that do not talk to each other and do (and will not ) share information, something should have been done long ago.

I think Trump is saying what a lot of others have said, many of the agencies lie, or even make up evidence to support what they think should be.
    Uber Member

Jan 2, 2017, 09:39 PM
    Hello again,

So, we can't trust the intelligence community.. We can't trust the media. We can't trust scientists. We certainly can't trust government...

Sorry, Dudes.. I'm just NOT on that bandwagon.

excon
    Ultra Member

Jan 2, 2017, 09:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello again,

So, we can't trust the intelligence community.. We can't trust the media. We can't trust scientists. We certainly can't trust government...

Sorry, Dudes.. I'm just NOT on that bandwagon.

excon
    So ex, what you are saying is; you trust the intelligence community, you trust the media,you trust the government,you trust science,

Do you trust the white rabbit too?
    Expert

Jan 3, 2017, 06:55 AM
    "Trust but verify" /Ronald Reagan

That sure beats shooting your mouth off before you know what your talking about. I know white rabbits and can verify they are delicious!
    Uber Member

Jan 3, 2017, 07:43 AM
    Hello again,

Many years ago, I was IN the intelligence division aboard my ship. My ship was IN the line of ships BLOCKADING Cuba.. Since my country was at stake, if my superiors DIDN'T believe the intelligence I produced, I would NEVER, NEVER, EVER adjust it to make them happy... Since my country is at stake, IF I was a reporter, I would REPORT.. I would NEVER, NEVER, EVER make up stuff. IF I was a scientist, since the future of my country is at stake, I would NEVER, NEVER, EVER adjust my science to make ANYBODY feel better.

But, that's just me. You got me on the government, though...

excon
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jan 3, 2017, 06:50 PM
    Here is the problem that I see. ex I have no doubt what your saying and would have reported would have been accurate. And here is where the Butt comes in. While you were doing your reporting there is a man in the air reporting the same thing and also one on the ground. All looking at the same target but none being allowed to talk to each other. It makes no sense. Also and maybe I wasn't aware but when I was growing up the FBI was primarily a domestic agency. In todays world they go all over and cover a much wider amount of things. Having unity shouldn't be a problem and the waste from overlap can go to much better causes.
    Ultra Member

Jan 3, 2017, 11:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    That sure beats shooting your mouth off before you know what your talking about. I know white rabbits and can verify they are delicious!
    I think we are past the age of trust, W saw to that, BO reinforced it, now we come to the shooting your mouth off part, Dump is very good at that so should be an exciting time
    Uber Member

Jan 4, 2017, 11:11 AM
    Hello clete:

If we no longer trust our institutions, the only thing left is fake news, and that spells DOOM for our democracy.

Like I said, that's just NOT a train I'm getting on.

excon
    Ultra Member

Jan 4, 2017, 03:35 PM
    Ex I think democracy has been at great risk for a while now and the rise of the cult of personality may put a few more nails in its coffin. Democracy is not a natural state for man this is why we pay lip service to it and allow a bureaucracy to make decisions but it too is an illusion. In your version of democracy you have a lot more unelected officials making decisions than there is in mine and yet we still ask the question who is actually in charge? It isn't the "people"
    Uber Member

Jan 4, 2017, 09:15 PM
    Hello again,

If YOU were an intelligence agent RISKING your life to gather information the USA NEEDS, and you found out nobody BELIEVED what you report, how long are you gonna continue risking your life???

I'll betcha Putin BELIEVES his spy's..

Trump is gonna DESTROY us, and you know it.

excon
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jan 4, 2017, 09:27 PM
    There are many very good intelligence officials in the various agencies .But it is undeniable that intel has been politicized . It is not Trump . That happened years ago ,and it has hampered and compromised the actions of our leaders .
    Ultra Member

Jan 5, 2017, 12:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    There are many very good intelligence officials in the various agencies .But it is undeniable that intel has been politicized . It is not Trump . That happened years ago ,and it has hampered and compromised the actions of our leaders .
    'You go on telling yourself that Tom but understand your intelligence is a bureauracy and what they do best is self presevation
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jan 5, 2017, 09:23 AM
    'You go on telling yourself that Tom but understand your intelligence is a bureauracy and what they do best is self presevation
    Yes it is ;a multi layered bureaucracy that was foolishly consolidated into an even bigger leviathian .
    The subject of this op is that Trump says he wants to dismantle this super multilayered behemoth. Intel is in fact politicized . Both sides of the political divide can point to many examples where the either the administrations set agendas were supported,or undermined by questionable intel .

It has left us less safe and vulnerable . Give you a couple examples .

A 2007 declassified summary of intelligence estimate on Iran's nuclear work was released . The Estimate said that Tehran is "less determined to develop nuclear weapons". That was an absolute lie designed to shape the Bush adm policies toward Tehran in the last days of his term.

US intel failed to predict the Arab Spring .

Back in 1979-1980 the US intel ,catering to Jimmy Carter's wished concluded that “Iran is not in a revolutionary or even a pre-revolutionary situation.” The same group failed to predict the Russian invasion of Afghanistan .

Our intel agencies failed to predict the collapse of the Soviet Union.

They had no clue in 1998 that India had developed nukes until India actually tested them.

In the words of the 9-11 commission the intel agencies "failed to pin down the big-picture threat posed by “transnational terrorism” throughout the 1990s and up to 9/11."

etc . If Trump plans to reorganize the DNI Office I'm sure they have a bag of tricks all lined up for him.
    Expert

Jan 5, 2017, 09:28 AM
    Intel at best when applied to the human condition is an oxymoron, and seriously FLAWED like anything associated with HUMANS.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jan 5, 2017, 07:13 PM
    Name:  Russian spies.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  53.1 KB

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trump's Recent Tweet [ 75 Answers ]

Trump tweeted that "millions voted illegally". Then why is Trump against the recount?

Can just anyone attend a Trump Rally? [ 2 Answers ]

Can just anyone attend a Trump Rally?

Why should we go for hosting services that charge us when there are free services? [ 7 Answers ]

What is the difference between a hosting service that charges us money and a free hosting service? Could anyone please explain?

Disabled services under services.msc console [ 5 Answers ]

I re-did my thread into a new category hoping more people would see it. All of my services in the services.msc were disabled. I figured it was a virus so I ran malwarebytes in safe-mode and it founf 60+ malware incidents. This still didn't change the fact that all the services were disabled. I...

Does friendship trump boyfriend? [ 5 Answers ]

Ok, well, I don't exactly have a boyfriend. But, you know how there are those guys who are more like boyfriend material than guy friend material? I was wondering if my guy friends trumped my "boyfriend possibilities"? I mean, my guy friend has been there for me for life, since I was about 6 we've...

View more questions Search