Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AnonMem Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 31, 2016, 05:07 PM
    Irregular Periods? Help Please.
    It has been 40 days since my last period but my cycles are usually around 30 days (29-31 days). I have been having cramps and clear vaginal discharge lately and heard that this may be a sign of pregnancy; however, I have never done anything that may result in pregnancy, ever. Though I have had missed/irregular periods before, it has now been 5+ years since I first started menstruation and my cycles should have settled down, right? Additionally I am fairly certain that my periods have been regular for the past two years or so at the very least. What is going on? Should I be worried?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 31, 2016, 05:27 PM
    If you have never done anything, that could result in pregnancy, then you are a virgin and have never had sex. Or at least you have not had sex in the last cycle prior to missing this period.
    Then you can not be pregnant.

But there are 100's of reasons to be late, or even miss a period sometimes. If you wait and next months does not come, time to sch a doctors appointment.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Dec 31, 2016, 05:32 PM
    If you've never had any sexual contact at all (that includes dry humping without a condom, a guy jerking off near your vagina, or jerking off and then touching your vagina afterwards, and more) then pregnancy is definitely out. Sorry to be so graphic, but it can happen. The virgin birth of the bible is really not at all a miracle, it can and has happened. Penis doesn't have to enter vagina for it to happen. Albeit rare, it does happen all the time.

How old are you? You stated that you've had your period for 5 years now, and they have been irregular during those 5 years. So this isn't anything new then?

Fact is, some women never get a regular period. For some women irregularity is the norm. My mother, who had me in her early 30's, never had a regular period. She had, if she was lucky, one period a year. That and other problems, made it very hard for her to conceive.

Irregular is the norm for many many many women.

Now, if you think there's something going on, you need to see a gynecologist. You really won't get answers online. I can give you a list of things that could be causing an irregular period. Do you have a few days to read it? I'd need a few days to write it. Even if you want the list, no way to know which, if any, are the cause of your irregular periods.

You'll need testing done, and only a doctor can do that. So if this is a concern for you, see a gynecologist. Chances are there's nothing wrong, you're just one of the many women that have irregular periods, but if this is a concern, my advice is the best anyone can give you.

Good luck. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have missed my last month periods... my periods are always irregular... [ 3 Answers ]

I have missed my last month periods... my periods are always irregular... Need know if I'm pregnant?

Stomach pain , irregular periods, irregular bowels [ 5 Answers ]

I am having irregular periods since 3 years.This year after I got my periods on April 15 after getting on jan, feb and march, I didn't get it after that fr nearly two months.. Then after intake of primolut n, I got my periods on June 19.Its 21st today and I haven't got my periods yet.But for the...

My periods are irregular [ 1 Answers ]

I had sex on my period the whole time I was on it was a vary light flow my period wouldn't come down I had sex when I was ovulating and now its almost aug and my last periiod was June 6

Irregular periods, regular periods, irregular again and no periods? [ 0 Answers ]

Hi, I am 28, my periods had been irregular since the beginning. But then, after my delivery, my gynec asked me to take contraceptives pills and said it will make my periods regular. After 6 regular periods, I can stop with the pills and get a copper-t. Once my periods were regular, I stopped...

I am suffering from irregular periods and pain during the periods [ 0 Answers ]

I am suffering from this problem since my period started, I suffer from pre-menstrual cramps & cramps-highest on the first day (pain in the lower abdominal , back pain, cold feet, uneasiness, sometimes loose motion, sometimes feel like throwing up) which might continue to the 3rd day(low...

View more questions Search