Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Dec 30, 2016, 03:21 PM
    Print problems
    Installed a new modem/router from Xfinity two months ago. Printer connects to the network OK. Printer seems to install OK, but can't get any print or scan jobs to work. Suggestions?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Dec 30, 2016, 04:45 PM
    Make sure printer is setup on a static IP address and re-install the drivers to the correct IP/
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jan 1, 2017, 08:06 PM
    OK. Gave the printer a static IP. Also had to have the computer ID itself on the network, which evidently I had turned off. That solved the issue. Scanning and printing away. Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Printer works, but can't get it to print email, doc's from word (will print header/fo [ 0 Answers ]

Something went wrong with my printer... the printer actually works, but will not print from email attachments... So, I tried to print from a document I had already saved on Word, it only printed the header and footer but did not print the content of the page. When I do "print preview' it looks...

CAN'T VERIFY: found Lucien Gauliter Lith. Print in old frame behind another Print [ 0 Answers ]

I was jogging one day and a house down the street was being gutted and I saw a picture in a frame that looked VERY OLD in the dumpster and looked at the artist to see who it was. I thought what the heck and took it up and set it on my porch. When I got home I researched the picture and found out...

I select print from Yahoo email, the lexmark printer Z517 will only print in color [ 1 Answers ]

Just connected a lexmark printer Z517, put a new color and black ink cart in and installed the driver, it won't print in black, color. Part of the black text will not print. Could the black ink cart be bad as I bought it from walmart.

Print Share Problems [ 2 Answers ]

I cannot figure this out. Printer on Windows 2000 through USB. Shared. File + print sharing enabled, firewall disabled. Over wireless network on an XP home laptop I can add the printer and it work normally. However after relogin/restart it does not work. Message appears: 1) Access Denied...

Print problems in outlook [ 1 Answers ]

I got a script error in printing in outlook in line 1335 Invalid argument Res://C:\WINDOWS\system32\shdoclc.dll/preview.dlg I used the metod to run the above statement in the box. It answerd by o.k. but it didn't help

View more questions Search