Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Delores1968 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 30, 2016, 08:13 AM
    Lower back pain
    I am having lower back pain and have had it for four days now. I keep going to the bathroom to pee. And I feel like I am not emptying my bladder all the way. And I have to go again in five or ten minutes.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 30, 2016, 08:38 AM
    Could be kidneys but I would see a doctor to be sure and get the right treatments and meds for whatever the issue is.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Dec 30, 2016, 06:03 PM
    I agree about kidneys. If an infection backs up into them, it can be serious.

BUT it can be many, many things.

In my case, I've had lower back pain and a constant urge to pee for many years. It's nothing more than some scarred sacral nerves hitting my bladder, and other nerves pinched as I get shorter in old age.
    The feeling that it's not all out seems to be common among female friends of mine (we are age 70+). I sit there for another 2 minutes, and get more out, sometimes twice.
    HOWEVER, that can also be a sign of a kidney problem.
    In my case, my blood tests were all within normal range, so I'm not going to pursue it, even though I have another sign of aging kidneys, the persistent cough from taking certain blood pressure medications (the kidneys can't deal with byproducts of the drugs so they send them to the lungs).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lower right side stomach pain and lower back [ 2 Answers ]

I have aches on my lower right side of my stomach and lower back mostly all over but bad pains in my lower back on both sides I have a high temperature and am freezing one minute and boiling the next I'm a 19 year old girl and I currently have my period but I never get bad period pain I can't eat I...

25 weeks pregnant with lower abdominal pain and lower back pain [ 1 Answers ]

I am 25 weeks pregnant with my 3rd child. I have been having bad pain in my very lower abdomin that wraps the whole way around my back. I have tried laying in every position, a warm shower, extra fluid and tylenol. I can't get the pain to lessen. I have had a few contractions but nothing steady or...

Lower back pains, vaginal pain and discharge, and lower abdomen pain? [ 0 Answers ]

For the past couple weeks I have been experiencing lower back pains that are dull and achey. Also I have been experiencing lower abdomen and vaginal pain, which are sharp and sudden. To top it off I have had a dishcarge that's clear sometimes white-ish. For the months of January and February my...

Pain started on lower right side now it's also on lower right if my back [ 3 Answers ]

The pain started about 3 days ago on my right side, tonight it's also on my back as well, what could this be

Pain in are lower quadrant-not back pain hx with chronic back could this be gyn [ 0 Answers ]

I suffer from chronic severe back pain. Recently I have been experiencing are lower quardrant pain this pain has become severe- can tell- getting up from sitting.is very painful that I have to try several attempts to get up because is so severe. Sitting is good as long as I don't have to get up. I...

View more questions Search