Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sctim Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Dec 29, 2016, 05:54 PM
    Sporadic garage door sensors
    My garage door sensors work sporadically. I adjust them they work for a while and then stop. Is there a way to test them?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Dec 29, 2016, 06:29 PM
    Make sure the mounting screws are tight and the wires are tight. Most alignment issues are from loose screws. Simplest way to test is at night, align to make sure the lights are on, not flashing, and screw them into the wall. Too may installers run the screws into drywall and the vibration loosens the screws. Also be sure the wires in the motor head are tight.
    sctim Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Dec 30, 2016, 11:59 AM
    Thanks for the info.. I didn't think about checking the wires in the motor.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Genie 88 garage door opener sensors [ 0 Answers ]

My garage door does not close. We found that one of the spring loded wire of sensor is missing. I like to know what part I have to order for it? Do they have whole sensor or just the spring loaded wire available?

Should I frame a wall on outside of garage door, leaving garage door in place? [ 5 Answers ]

I would like to convert the garage into a workroom by putting up a frame on the outside of the garage door, insulating it and leaving the garage door in place so that if I need to sell the house I can convert the room back into a garage. What problems could arise and are there any...

How to line the sensors of garage door opener [ 2 Answers ]

How to line sensors of garaGE DOOR OPENER

Garage door sensors have no power [ 0 Answers ]

The garage door opener has power and blinks as if there was an obstruction in the sensors. The sensors aren't receiving any power. We placed a mirror in front of them to determine if they did and they do not work. The rest of the garage has power and is fine. How do I fix this problem?

How do I syncronize my remote control garage door pad with my garage door [ 1 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me how I can syncronize my remote control pad to open the garage door from the car?? I recently reset my code on the panel, because I didn't know the original code and now when I drive up in the car, my remote contral pad does not work to open the garage door... Any possible...

View more questions Search