Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nargis123 Posts: 28, Reputation: 1

Dec 29, 2016, 12:19 PM
    APR - Interest on an item
    Hi,

I have a question on my assignment which I have answered below. Can someone please tell me if this has been done correctly.

The question is outline below along with my answer:

Simon can finance his purchase of a £1500 virtual reality (VR) headset:

• A.
      He can buy it on a credit card, which charges 25% APR on balances that are not paid off within 1 month. This will be the only purchase made with the card, which has a zero balance at the moment. He will pay off £750 within the interest-free period (using the money in his current account that pays no interest), and the rest of the balance in 12 equal monthly instalments.
    • Using the Saving and borrowing calculator, calculate the total amount of interest that Simon will be charged over the lifetime of the loan.

My
    My answer:

In option A, Simon will pay less interest. Even though he will be borrowing the full £1,500 on his credit card, he will repay half of the money £750 within the interest free period (1 month), which means he will only pay the remaining £750 at an interest rate of 25% APR over 12 months.

The total interest he will pay is £94.56
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Jan 3, 2017, 01:01 PM
    I get a different answer. What do you calculate as the monthly payment?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

APR to actual interest problem [ 1 Answers ]

The State Employees' Credit Union offers a 1-year certificate of deposit with an APR (or effective rate) of 4.5%. If interest is compounded quarterly, find the actual interest rate. Round to the nearest tenth of a percent.

An item that cost $90 is sold for $120. The gross profit ratio for this item is? [ 2 Answers ]

an item that cost $90 is sold for $120... the gross profit ratio for this item is? I understand that GP = revenue - cost of goods sold

Changing text of a listbox item to match item above [ 1 Answers ]

I need this code to be able to take the time out of an item in a list box and replace the time of the item under. The code then needs to take the time in brackets at the end of the item and add it to the end of that time also. e.g. this program is meant to be used for a bakery to tell them what...

View more questions Search