Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chuckspy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 29, 2016, 07:19 AM
    Furnace Shuts Off
    I have an old Burnam Gas furnace and a gas water heater both connected to a power vent and a bunch of sensors/control units.

My furnace shuts off during the night. The weird thing is I can get it working again by running the hot water! Can anyone speculate as to what the problem is and how to fix it. I have had 2 repairmen come in and they didn't fix it. The thermocouple was changed out and some of the control wiring was re-wired but this still happens!
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Dec 29, 2016, 12:04 PM
    The weird thing is I can get it working again by running the hot water!
    Could you tell us what you mean by that/

Does that mean that you can't relight the heater until you run some hot water?

I assume that the heater has a standing pilot lite and it goes out when the heater shuts down. Buy "getting it going again" I assume that you can relight the pilot after running some hot water.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Weather king furnace runs then when blower fan comes on the furnace shuts down? [ 0 Answers ]

Weather king furnace. Id blower starts gas lights then main blower comes on then furnace shuts off?

Intertherm furnace e2eb-017hb runs briefly, shuts off, then furnace just clicks [ 3 Answers ]

I have an Intertherm furnace, e2eb-017hb. It comes on briefly, blows warm air, then shuts off, and a clicking sound comes from the coil contacts area. I have tested the t-stat, and also replaced a coil contact, thinking that was the problem. I would appreciate any help on what to do next.

Furnace ignites but blower won't start till furnace shuts down. [ 7 Answers ]

(Nordyne/Miller G3RA)-I have a furnace HSI(glow plug) that will ignite and burn until it gets too hot and shuts down. As soon as the furnace shuts down the blower starts to circulate air. The blower circulating air cools the furnace and it reignites.Shortly after the furnace ignites the blower...

Burners on gas furnace shuts off so furnace blows cool air [ 1 Answers ]

Last week, I woke up and the temperature on the thermostat read 65 degrees. That's a little chilly for me. The thermostat was set at 72 degrees. The furnace was blowing cool air. I removed the front panel of the furnace and the burners were not on. When reset, the electrical pilot light work...

Furnace not heating the house. Damper on the furnace not opening. Motor then shuts. [ 4 Answers ]

My forced-air furnace is not working correctly. The gas works heating the air in the furnace, but When the motor starts the damper doesn't open and the Motor shut down. I need suggestions?:mad:

View more questions Search