Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    richard rich Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2016, 03:13 PM
    Grundfos hot water circulating pump 59896127
    I have a grundfos circulation pump model# 59896127 and it stopped running .I am sure the motor is burned out as it was hot until I disconnected the cord. Is this unit still available.What to do!
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Dec 28, 2016, 04:22 PM
    Look at the plate of the pump. It will tell you what "head" your pump has ( those are usually 2 sets of numbers, like "15-29", or similar ). They make them in two connection types: flanges and Unions. Replace them with same type of connection and new pump will fit in the old opening without any modification. You can reuse existing electrical cord. To buy pump, you should go to a supplier that caters to professionals. They will have it in stock. You should be able to handle the installation yourself.

Unplug the pump before you do anything. Don't forget to close main water valve and drain water from the plumbing system before you start disconnecting old pump. Some installers install shut off valves before and after pump. If that is the case, shuting-off these two valves should isolate the pump from the system.

After the pump is installed, water turned on, and pump plugged in, you will have to "bleed" the return loop. Go to the most distant hot water plumbing fixture in the house, turn hot water ON and let it run for few minutes. Also, on front of the pump is a Air-Release screw. Unsrew it while the pump is running. Let it drip until you cannot hear air coming out and all you get is steady stream of hot water (from that button). Now you can tighten the button and pump should quite down. How water circulation was established

Hope that helps

Milo
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Dec 28, 2016, 04:27 PM
    Google says that pump is no longer available. Replace with any model or brand. To minimize plumbing work chose brand and model with same distance between plumbing flanges. If flanges are same size and distance apart, unbolt the old one and bolt in the new one.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Grundfos hot water circulation pump water temperature problem [ 14 Answers ]

I recently installed a new replacement Grundfos UP 15-29 SU/TLC hot water circulation pump at my home. It is in the hot water return at the bottom of the water heater, installed as before. Water heater is 5-years old. Problem is that the water runs hotter when the pump is off. In fact, it...

Grundfos hot water recirculating pump broken [ 28 Answers ]

We can hear the timer on our three year old Grundfos hot water recirculating pump humming. However, the motor itself is not turning. Two questions: 1. Can just the motor be replace, or must the entire pump be replaced? 2. We have had the pump plugged into a three prong grounded remote so...

How do I know if know if a grundfos circulating pump is bad? [ 1 Answers ]

How do I know if a Grundfos circulating pump is bad?

Hot Water Circulating Pump Installation [ 1 Answers ]

Any diagrams or instructions for installation of a closed loop water circulating system with pump?

Water pump hoses not getting hot not circulating (vapor lock) what could I try? [ 0 Answers ]

84' chevy caprice classic w/350 engine I changed thermostat, water pump, heating ball vacuum. Didn't look like heater core needed to be changed at this time

View more questions Search