Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mommiegeek Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 27, 2016, 02:12 PM
    Hot Water Heater: Weak Pilot Signal
    We have a Bradford White water heater that is a year and a half old. I went down to check on its status after my shower went from lukewarm to just above cold in a few minutes. The status LED is blinking, indicating the message "Weak pilot signal," and the message continues to say that the system will restart when the signal is stronger (don't recall the exact wording of the whole message, but the information is printed right on a label on the water heater.)

My question: is this something my husband or I can fix or do we need to contact a plumber? Also, how long should we wait for the system to reset before it's considered a real problem?
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Dec 27, 2016, 08:15 PM
    What is model number?
    Mike45plus Posts: 230, Reputation: 27

Dec 28, 2016, 07:11 AM
    The flame rod may be dirty or defective; I would definitely have a professional service the unit. There should be a ladder diagram or function sequence in the install / maintenance manual that will help the service tech find the problem...
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Dec 28, 2016, 12:46 PM
    Mommiegeek

Please respond to Hkstroud question, also FYI Bradford White water heaters have warranty 1-6 years I would suggest to call their Tech support at 800-334-3393 they will ask you for the model number and S/N, good luck.

John

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

State select hot water heater pilot light goes off after heating one tank of water [ 1 Answers ]

Water heater pilot light goes off after heating one tank of water and has to be relite again.

Does putting gas hot water heater dial on PILOT put pilot light out? [ 5 Answers ]

My gas hot water heater dial has OFF to the left, PILOT in the middle and ON to the right. If we are going away and want to not have the water heated can we just turn the dial to PILOT and the flame will stay lit but just won't heat the water or does the flame go out completely and then PILOT would...

The pilot light on the water heater goes out after the hot water temp is reached [ 1 Answers ]

Noticed that our hot water wasn't hot. The pilot light was out. We re-lit the pilot and flame came on. Water heated up and then the flame went out as did the pilot light. Why doesn't the pilot light stay on?

No pilot on Hot Water heater [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 2005 state select hot water heater. We had no hot water this morning. The pilot was out.. I tried to start it but it doesn't even try to light. When I take the pilot cover off water drips out and I can see about an eighth of an inch of water in the bottom of the tank. I also see a damp...

Hot water heater pilot [ 2 Answers ]

Pilot won't stay lit.

View more questions Search