Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    portablevoid Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 27, 2016, 06:24 AM
    Transmission line impedance matching and frequency changes
    If we have a certain transmission line at f0 , it has a load at its end ZL=R+jX then we insert a quarter wave transformer at the first position of voltage maximum dmax or minimum dminwhere the input impedance is purely real (resistance only ( RL) ), such that the characteristic impedance of the transformer Zc=Z0RL−−−−−√.
    When we change the frequency from f0
    to another value, the line becomes no longer matched. So if I want to find the input reflection coefficient (after changing the frequency), I need to find the distance dmax or dmin in terms of the new wavelength and move that distance on Smith chart then find zin at that point and re-normalize Zin with respect to ZC. Then we find the length of the transformer in terms of the new wavelength and move that distance on Smith Chart (starting from the position of the new zin which is normalized with Zc, at this new point we can find the input reflection coefficient after frequency change.
    Are there any other parameters that change other than the wavelength?

Check out some similar questions!

Low frequency effect on transmission [ 2 Answers ]

I want to know the low frequency effects on power transmission , about losses , power factor, and disturbances

Why uplink frequency is greater than down link frequency [ 2 Answers ]

Why uplink frequency is greater than downlink frequency?

How the volage on the transmission line is maintained with in the limits [ 3 Answers ]

I mean.. On transmission lines when the distance increases voltage gets decreased... so the time it reaches load it will be less than the required voltage level.. now how to get safe voltage

Difference between impedance & impedance [ 1 Answers ]

Is these terms are same " Impedance " & " Impedence " in reference to electrical stuff. If that differs from one another what is the difference between them ?

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.