Just had a new rack and pinion put in. But steering wheel still wobbles
    As before? But less at a higher speed. Going back to the garage next week
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Dec 27, 2016, 07:38 AM
    Ball Joints? Tie Rod ends?
    DanPatrick10 Posts: 134, Reputation: 5

Feb 24, 2017, 06:25 PM
    Any number of existing or pre-existing problems. Worn ball joints, worn tie rods, faulty strut bearing, rack n pinion if worn or not adjusted properly, loose or binding steering components, irregular tire wear.
    pastor1189 Posts: 1,538, Reputation: 3
    Ultra Member

Feb 25, 2017, 04:35 AM
    Thanks a million , put on new front tires. Problem disappeared .
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Feb 25, 2017, 08:44 AM
    Was it a wobble or a shake? Good you got it
    pastor1189 Posts: 1,538, Reputation: 3
    Ultra Member

Feb 25, 2017, 09:07 AM
    The wobble in the steering wheel is gone. With a new rack and pinion and new tires
    It solved the problem.
    DanPatrick10 Posts: 134, Reputation: 5

Feb 25, 2017, 01:14 PM
    Excellent

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Steering wheel wobbles [ 2 Answers ]

1990 John Deere model 170 - 18 HP Kholer with 38 inch cutting deck. The steering wheel flops around where the steering shaft comes up out of the dash. I purchased a new top collar bearing to install. Removed the through bolt under the steering wheel and anticipated the wheel would lift...

Steering wheel locking up [ 0 Answers ]

I have a 2001 dodge grand caravan sport and early this week we had a blizzard here in parts of the US and since then we've had some issues with the steering wheel locking up while you're driving. What could be causing this a few months ago everything was checked out and it was all fine. I don't...

Steering wheel shake [ 4 Answers ]

Hi: I've got an 07 Ford Taurus which was a rental return. Ever since I got it it's had a shake in the steering wheel at about 60mph (goes away at about 70 or above or below 50). It's been in to the dealer (when under warranty) and they couldn't find anything wrong. I also had it to another place...

Steering Wheel and Ignition [ 1 Answers ]

Hello I just bought a really cheap 1990 Chevy Beretta. Seems to go fine but the steering is really tight and seems messed with, and the ignition is shot, I put the key in and have to almost force it out. How much do you think it would run me to get these both replaced. Also for some reason the...

Tilt-wheel steering wheel problem [ 1 Answers ]

On my 1998 Buick Park Ave the tilt-wheel will no longer change positions. A couple of days ago I got in the car, adjusted the steering wheel and heard something Pop. Since then, the steering wheel will only stay in that position. Does anyone know how I might go about fixing this problem? ...

View more questions Search