Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Dec 26, 2016, 08:03 AM
    Right wingers say we should support Israel NO MATTER WHAT..
    Hello:

I'm a Jew, but I can't buy into NO MATTER WHAT. Can you?

AS a left wing Jew, my genes FORCE me to support the UNDERDOG in just about any fight.. In terms of Israel, that was easy.. The Jews WERE the underdogs.

But, somewhere around 1973, they became the BIG dogs on the block, and started BULLYING the people they defeated JUST like they were bullied..

As a left wing Jew, I STILL support the underdog, and the Jews ain't them..

excon
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Dec 26, 2016, 10:15 AM
    strawman ,no rightwingers do not say we should suppport Israel 'no matter what' . But the UN sanctions against settlement expansion is a joke . The emperor should be ashamed at the US abstaining on that vote . All it amounts to is another finger in Bibi's eye. Under this sanction ,an Israeli renting an apartment in a Jewish suburb of Jerusalem can be charged in the Hague with a “flagrant violation of international law.”

How is that advancing the cause of peace ? It is not ! It is an attempt by the US to make Israel a pariah state because the emperor does not like Bibi . (btw when you talk about foreign interference in elections ,don't forget our actions in the last Israeli elections ).
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 26, 2016, 10:23 AM
    Netty like Trump is a disrespect bigmouth and bully, and like Trump he likes to play victim when he anyone calls him on his crap! He deserves a poke in the eye from Obama, and the Israeli people deserve better.

About time somebody stood up to him!
    Ultra Member

Dec 26, 2016, 10:27 AM
    Yeah it was personal ;but Obama punished the Israeli people .;not Bibi. So you approve of US interference in an ally's elections ?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 26, 2016, 10:31 AM
    No he didn't, it was a non binding resolution so no effect on POLICY. I don't care how much Netty or anybody else CRIES about it. Or how many envoys and ambassadors Israel recalls.
    Ultra Member

Dec 26, 2016, 03:01 PM
    The emperor took this action knowing that it was the Palestinians who have turned down numerous offers of statehood. What he may have done is finish the already remote hopes for peace for another generation.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Dec 26, 2016, 03:44 PM
    Now we have even more reason to cut ALL spending to the UN and throw them out of the USA... they have long outlived their usefullness. Its now over run by racists and despots... Al Queada probibly has higher moral standards than the UN today. Even if it may not be by much.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Dec 26, 2016, 05:46 PM
    Hello smoothy:

Trump is gonna BUY the UN land and build a golf course. The world as we know it, is NEVER gonna be the same. What?? Who's gonna STOP him??

excon
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Dec 26, 2016, 08:18 PM
    The UN lost its last shred of usefulness a long time ago... they no longer support anything good and support terrorism and Dictators at the expense of everyone else these days.
    Ultra Member

Dec 27, 2016, 04:44 AM
    I see condos in Turtle Bay .

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Support Israel? [ 4 Answers ]

Should the USA continue to support Israel financially and militarily?:confused:

Why support Israel? [ 190 Answers ]

Why does the USA support Israel? What do we as a county gain from supporting them, when the negatives are so obvious and numerous? Is it political, moral, financial, romantic? Why is the existence of a Jewish homeland still important to America?

View more questions Search