Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mezzodiva54 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 26, 2016, 01:12 AM
    Magic Stat 32 no longer reflects reality
    I noticed that the heat was staying on much later than programmed. When I looked at the thermostat, although it was 2:30 a.m. which is supposed to be "sleep" time, it said "wake", and the heat was not only still on, but HIGHER than programmed. In fact, getting higher all the time. I don't see any reference to a "reset" button in the owners manual. Other than holding the temperature to a lower number until "wake" time comes back on, what can I do?
    WallyHelps Posts: 1,018, Reputation: 136
    Ultra Member

Dec 28, 2016, 06:19 AM
    It may be toast, but before replacing it I would remove the batteries and kill the power to the furnace (to remove the AC from the thermostat circuit). Leave it that way for maybe 15 minutes just to be safe, then put the batteries back, turn on the furnace power, and re-program it. Maybe that will be enough of a reset to recover it.

Good luck,
    WallyH

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cannot set my honeywell magic stat ct3200 to temporary setting [ 1 Answers ]

Help I cannot set my furnace to a temporary setting. I have never used the program. I just use a temporary setting at night to turn the heat down and then again in the morning to set a higher temperature. It just will not work and stays at about 64 degrees... brrrrr... Thanks

Magic stat thermostat troubleshooting [ 0 Answers ]

My thermostat sometimes converts to Celsius temperature setting. How do I convert it back?

CT3200 Magic Stat [ 1 Answers ]

CT3200 magic stat has a blank screen after replacing batteries, and won't turn back on. What do I do?

Magic Stat CT3200 programmable thermostat read out [ 1 Answers ]

On Magic Stat CT3200 programmable thermostat what does this read out mean: baE lo

Magic stat [ 2 Answers ]

I have a magic stat thrmostat and am trying to find a link to the owners manual, can anyone help?

View more questions Search