Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    carol henry Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Dec 25, 2016, 10:50 AM
    For girls:how much and for how many years have you grown after first period?
    How tall are your father and mother? At what age did you get your first period?how many centimeters did you grow after first period?and after how many years of getting first period did you stop growing taller?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 25, 2016, 12:06 PM
    My mother is 5'8" and my father was 5'9". I'm 5' and am the same height my grandmothers were. My first period (and periods in general) had nothing to do with my growth in height. Height depends on which genes a person inherits.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Dec 25, 2016, 04:05 PM
    Your question can go no where. Menstual cycle has nothing to do with growth or genes
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Dec 25, 2016, 04:12 PM
    Genes for height usually, but not always, tend to be inherited from the same sex parent.
    You are a 5"2 girl at age 14, your father is 5'8" and your mother is 5'3.
    Chances are you will be within an inch either way of 5'3.
    What is your concern? I've been 5'2 for 70 years. Actually I've shrunk an inch. I didn't inherit any of my physique from my father.
    I hope you aren't in China, where we have all heard that the wish to be taller is an obsession.
    carol henry Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Dec 25, 2016, 10:57 PM
    I know that growing taller stops after two years of having first period.Is this true?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Dec 26, 2016, 04:44 AM
    NO. You have been told that the two are unrelated.
    If you are going to obsess over this, get some help.

In an older post, your periods stopped after you exercised and lost weight. You didn't answer any questions about how much you lost over how much time.
    Why should we keep answering your questions?
    Why are you not willing to believe what we tell you?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Dec 26, 2016, 02:16 PM
    I know that growing taller stops after two years of having first period.Is this true?
    You state that you know, and then ask if it's true.

You know nothing, because it isn't true.

Your period and growing have absolutely nothing to do with each other.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Dec 27, 2016, 08:02 AM
    It's important to keep in mind that growth changes will vary during puberty. The idea of two years after a first period being an automatic stopping point is incorrect.

As has been said, your own personal genetic make up will be the major factor in when you start your periods, development, and growth. You very well may see little or no growth in height in the next couple of years after a first period, but some will stop sooner, while others will find growth continues awhile longer.

You can see why there can be a range when you consider that some girls will have their first period at 9 or 10 while others will be 15 or 16, with the majority in between.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My little girls Finger she's only eight years old [ 1 Answers ]

Well I have always painted her nails have been around her hands for ever well to night We were playing and well I seen a lump on her knuckle the side of it she said Mom I have had that since I was in frist grade so it must not hurt her but you can really see it so its getting bigger

As teenager I drank vinegar when I gt my period,now grown I have no pd,can I have kids [ 1 Answers ]

From 15-17yr old ( or for 2yrs) I used to drink A lot of vinegar when my period came on , so I could make if go off. After noticing what I was doing after those 2yrs I stopped. Then my period started to gradually get lighter and lighter. About 4yrs ago my cycle just stopped, didn't have anymore....

Lived Apart 25 years, Kids Grown Up [ 4 Answers ]

I was married 26 years ago. We lived together for a year before marriage, had two kids and then we split up, her female lover moved in and they kicked me out. She relocated to California and I followed to be close to kids but we have not been together for over 26 years. Is there such a thing as...

What my seven and five years girls supposed to do [ 7 Answers ]

Am I supposed to remind my seven and five years old to put their cloth in the hamper,to make their bed and to keep quite when their eating,to put their plates in the sink after eating every day?

Hi, I'm a grown man. My parents got married years ago but I now want to add his name [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am a grown man, and the first child for my mom. My parents got married years ago but I still goes by my mom's last name. How do I add my father's name to my birth records?

View more questions Search