Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    carol henry Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Dec 24, 2016, 11:35 AM
    How tall will I be when I grow up?Is there anything I can do to grow taller?
    I am 14 years old girl.I am 158cm.my father is 173cm.My mother is 159cm.I got my first period when I was 11 and had a growth spurt before that.my brother is 178cm.I am doing everything to grow taller -stretching 30min daily (splits,bridge,scorpion... ),I am also jumping rope about 1500 jump a day,in addition to some pushups.and I didn't grow taller.So how tall will I be when I grow up? Will I grow anymore taller?and do these exercises help?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 24, 2016, 11:50 AM
    No, the exercises don't help. Your height is predetermined by the genes you inherited. It sounds like you have inherited your mother's genes for height.

Why do you want to be tall? Many tall girls wish they were short.
    zoellaat7 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 24, 2016, 02:15 PM
    Well, I'm only 12 but from what I know your height is inherited like @wondergirl said. Well... and exercise doesn't help much either. Most people inherit the height of one of there parent (depending by gender), and some in cases when there are big height gaps between the parents your height will be some-what in between.

And by the way being short isn't so bad... (from experience :D)

Hope I helped ;D, Zoe
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 24, 2016, 05:43 PM
    No, the exercises just make you healthy.
    You need of course to eat good well balanced meals not to harm your growth.
    But your DNA will determine your growth. You will know when you are 22 or 23 what you will be.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How tall will I be?will I grow taller by stretching and exercising? [ 2 Answers ]

I'm 14 year girl 5'2"got first period at11.my father is 5'8", my mother is 5'3",aunts(father's side) are 5'7",5'5", uncle (father's side)is 5'11",aunts (mother's side)are 5'4 and 5'0", uncle (mother's side) is 5'7". Two months ago I started doing 20min resistance training(pushups,crunches,ab...

Will I grow taller? [ 0 Answers ]

I just turned 15. I am 5'7-1/2" and 130 pounds. I am healthy, exercise vigorously, i do lift wieghts.( i don't know if that screws my height up) over the past year, i haven't grown the normal 3 inches per year. I maybe grew 1 inch. It is depressing because my dad is 6' but my mom is only 5'3". But...

Will I grow taller? [ 9 Answers ]

Okay so I'm 13 years old. My mom is 4 11" and my dad is 5 9". Im only 4 10 and a half. I know. Pathetic. And the worst part is, I really don't think I'm growing anymore. I already got 2 growth spirts and my last one was either last year or in 5th grade. I really don't think I'm going to grow...

View more questions Search