Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    loardeva Posts: 25, Reputation: 1

Dec 24, 2016, 05:04 AM
    Can anyone tell me how often I should change my pillow?
    My pillows are so old. But I don't know that how often I should change them exactly. I also feel different types of pain in my head and neck. So, please give me some suggestion.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Dec 24, 2016, 05:51 AM
    It isn't so much that your pillows are losing their support, but the bacteria that accumulate in the filling and the covering. I replace mine every six months, but I don't use a firm pillow, that is bad for your posture and neck.

Dec 24, 2016, 11:54 AM
    Thanks a lot for your answer.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Dec 24, 2016, 05:27 PM
    I wash my pillows every six months or sooner. Pillows get full of mites. Mites live in our skin, our eyelashes, all over. You can never get rid of them, but you can reduce them.

As for pain, I have a lot of pillows. I made some out of shredded foam rubber. You need pillows that are shapeless and that don't flatten. You need to pay careful attention to how much your neck is bent while sleeping. I have very soft pillows under my shoulders (pain there) and then my head is only a very little bit higher on another very soft pillow. I have a pillow for my arm when I sleep on my side, so that it isn't making my shoulders bend toward each other. When you sit at a computer, make sure you put your arms as far behind you as you can every hour, and rotate your neck, and put your head back.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 24, 2016, 05:53 PM
    I agree, about every 6 months

Dec 25, 2016, 05:59 AM
    I also agree with all of you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Pillow pack [ 9 Answers ]

I purshased a package of sandwich meat & found a pillow pack inside of the package. My daughter a piece before it was noticed

5 year old humps a pillow [ 8 Answers ]

My daughter humps pillows and I believe that it isn't normal. I've taking everything dealing with boys away to see if that will help and it doesn't. Is this normal? What else should I do? Every time I tell her to stop or anything like that she yells at me and gets very upset.

Should we get Barack another pillow? [ 38 Answers ]

Guess who made 26 trips between Damascus and Chicago from 2003 to 2006? The important question is, Why!! Never underestimate the Clinton War Machine. Hillary was right a few weeks ago: “Now, the fun part starts.” Barack Obama’s signature campaign line—”Yes, We Can!”—was delivered with a...

Pillow not centered [ 1 Answers ]

We have a 24 foot above ground pool. We recently closed it for the winter. However, with high winds in our region, the pillow has moved to the edge of the poll and we can't seem to push it back to the center because there is ice on our pool cover. With the pillow not being centered, will this cause...

Pillow talk [ 2 Answers ]

My little granddaughter stayed over with me last night and slept in a travel cot - to stop any draughts getting to her I placed a large king size duvet around the base of the cot - every 6o secs she kept caughing - I gave her Tyxilix cought medicine every 3 hrs but to no avail - do you think that...

View more questions Search