Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Dec 23, 2016, 06:24 AM
    Trump started an arms race with Russia yesterday..
    Hello:

He said the US needs to expand its nuclear capability... You KNOW this BUFFOON is gonna DESTROY the world, doncha??

excon
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 23, 2016, 07:13 AM
    Before or after he is inaugurated? PLACE YOUR BETS LADIES AND GENTS!
    Expert

Dec 23, 2016, 10:50 AM
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 23, 2016, 12:37 PM
    To be fair, it appears that it was Putin who first suggested that Russia would be upgrading their nuclear capabilities. But Trump's reaction should have been to remind Putin that Russia is a signatory of non proliferation agreements. But the bully and fool that Trump is reacted in the wrong way as usual.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 23, 2016, 01:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    To be fair, it appears that it was Putin who first suggested that Russia would be upgrading their nuclear capabilities. But Trump's reaction should have been to remind Putin that Russia is a signatory of non proliferation agreements. But the bully and fool that Trump is reacted in the wrong way as usual.
    And does Trump even know that about Russia?
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Dec 25, 2016, 02:15 PM
    umm all he did was state the current US policy about nuke modernization .

The US is Set to Spend $1 Trillion Upgrading Nuclear Weapons
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Dec 25, 2016, 02:52 PM
    He may have stated policy Tom but he could have done it less aggressively. What others took away from his statements is we are back in a nuclear arms race. This whole thing is, as you know, MAD, we already have sufficient weapons to wipe ourselves out many times over. The weapons cannot be used because they will cause a nuclear winter and poison the atmosphere. We have many problems we need to solve and who has the biggest nuclear arsenal isn't one of them
    Uber Member

Dec 25, 2016, 04:03 PM
    Hello tom:

From the get go, Trump SAYS one thing, and then his handlers tell us what we HEARD... Trump used the word EXPAND, and that isn't what current US policy is.. It just isn't.

excon
    Ultra Member

Dec 25, 2016, 04:46 PM
    and yet the $ trillion he says he wants to spend matches the emperor's upgrade . Clete ,the nukes we have may be plenty ;but they are out of date cold war relics . Where we are less safe is in having them in our arsenal while the Russians and Chinese upgrade their stockpile .
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 25, 2016, 05:34 PM
    The arms race and /or wars was the old way to control or get America and to get people to come together. It used to be "to hate Russia" and for America to come together to hate them. But that does not work any more, since America is too divided.
    Ultra Member

Dec 25, 2016, 09:22 PM
    Tom by all means retire the old weapons and replace some of them with new ones but don't expand the arsenal, reduce it and just maybe Putin will follow suit. He knows his arsenal is in the same state as yours but he didn't march up to your border and play games in sight of his people. The problem with america is they don't understand aggressive, they think every word they utter is the word of god and therefore truth when in fact is, it is at best disinformation, and meanwhile Russia, China and others feel threatened and want to build more weapons
    Ultra Member

Dec 25, 2016, 11:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    The arms race and /or wars was the old way to control or get America and to get people to come together. It used to be "to hate Russia" and for America to come together to hate them. But that does not work any more, since America is too divided.
    And in all the time since WWII there has only been one real act of aggression by Russia against the US despite their other adventurist activities and yet they are an object of hate as if they had actually invaded the US. Time for some realistic views, not those driven by religious or ideological zealotry
    Ultra Member

Dec 26, 2016, 02:31 AM
    The fact is that neither the US under Trump or Russia have any plans on exceeding the amts agreed upon in START II . Both have plans on upgrading their arsenal . This is all another fake story. Trump repeatedly said during the campaign that the nuclear arsenal had to be upgraded and the military strengthened .

Salena Zito wrote during the campaign that Trump's opponents make the mistake of taking him literally ,but not seriously where his supporters took him seriously but not literally . Now his opponents are still taking him literally .But ,because he won are also taking him seriously . It is a problem for the President -elect . Someone in his inner circle has to tell him that it really is important to be careful in the words he says and the way he says them.
    Uber Member

Dec 26, 2016, 07:36 AM
    Hello again, tom:

So, when he said the word EXPAND, we should just ignore him, huh?? You DO know that the rest of the world ISN'T going to ignore him.. Yes, WE know he's buffoon who has NO CLUE about the words he uses, but the rest of the world DOESN'T.

I say again, this guy is gonna DESTROY us, and, you KNOW it.

excon
    Expert

Dec 26, 2016, 09:10 AM
    someone in his inner circle has to tell him that it really is important to be careful in the words he says and the way he says them.
    Agreed!!
    Ultra Member

Dec 26, 2016, 09:49 AM
    Ex the question is if I believe he will expand our nukes beyond the agreed SALT II limitations. I do not . He is not a dictator and any such expansion would need funding and Congressional approval .
    Expert

Dec 26, 2016, 10:36 AM
    Have you told the Donald he isn't a dictator? Can I watch when you do?
    Ultra Member

Dec 26, 2016, 01:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    He is not a dictator.
    How do you know he is not a dictator? In the past he has behaved like a dictator
    Uber Member

Dec 26, 2016, 05:40 PM
    Hello again, tom:

I LOVE your confidence in the system.. I HOPE you're right.. But, I believe the Republican congress will be COMPLIANT with Trump.. He'll have his way with them.. Oh, they don't wanna be compliant, I agree. But, Trump will DESTROY their career if they're not, and they know it.. So, they'd rather be congressmen than patriots..

excon
    Ultra Member

Dec 26, 2016, 05:48 PM
    Patriots, the last refuge of scoundrels, is any of this familiar? You seem to be under the misapprehension that the members of Congress are not there for their own benefit. They will protect their own interests and funding the military-industrial complex is what they do best

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My period has not came and its been almost 3 weeks then yesterday I started bleeding [ 1 Answers ]

My period has not came and its been almost 3 weeks then yesterday I started bleeding an I am still bleeding is this my period What period is uasully Regular

My wife started her period yesterday when is her fertil day to get pregnant [ 1 Answers ]

We want to have another baby when are her fertile days to get pregnant?

Militarism ( arms race)? [ 1 Answers ]

Can you please give me three reasons militarism would be the cause of WWI. Thank you ^^

My dog ate a plateful of ribs yesterday? He just started having diaherra? [ 3 Answers ]

My dog ate plateful of ribs off the counter yesterday, he was fine all day and last night & now he just started having diaherra. Should I take him to the vet immediately?

Dirty/cloudy well water, just started yesterday, never happened before! [ 2 Answers ]

Okay, so last night I left my house and before I left I had flushed the toilet, the water was clear just like it normally is. When I came back a few hours later, the toilet was still running and the water had dirt in it. I fixed the toilet, flushed it again, and the water was cloudy, and when left...

View more questions Search