Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pakboy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 22, 2016, 06:18 PM
    s86e intermittent pilot
    So I have an old furnace which started acting up. The heater would come on, gas, flames, and even the fan would turn on for about 60 secs. Then the flames would go out. I did all the troubleshooting and it told me to replace the intermittent pilot. The model I have is a S86e and I thought that's what I bought but it ended up being a S86a. The differences I see are that the vent damper is not jumpered and there is an extra TH-R wire input. Mine only has TH-W.

The gas turns on but no spark. Can I jumper the TH-R with TH-W?
    Missouri Bound Posts: 1,532, Reputation: 94
    Ultra Member

Dec 23, 2016, 10:00 PM
    If it has a thermocouple, change it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replacing Honeywell S86E intermittent pilot [ 1 Answers ]

I have an older (1973) York furnace with a Honeywell S86E intermittent pilot. Am Replacing the S86E with a Honeywell S8610U3009, as the S86E is obsolete. The S86E has the following wire terminals: MV, MV/PV, PV, GND (Burner), TH-W, two 25v, damper plug and Spark. The newer S8610U3009...

Intermittent Pilot Module ICM2902 [ 0 Answers ]

I have heating Lenox G20 Q4E-75-2. NEED REPLACE: Robertshaw Pilot Gas Ignition Module Model No. SP735L. Can I use ICM2902 IPI Gas Ignition Control to replace Robertshaw Pilot control? Seems like TR terminal is missing in ICM2902. Thank you.

Intermittent pilot will not spark? [ 0 Answers ]

Hello! It got cold overnight in the northeast and I am having an issue. I have a 20 yr old honeywell S860D intermittent pilot. I have never had problems with it and have tried most of the troubleshooting basics. Number 1, I am not sure if there is gas flow from the gas valve. I smell it faintly,...

Pilot will not light - intermittent [ 1 Answers ]

We have a Kenmore gas counter flow furnace, 75,000 BTU the ignitor clicks and tries to light, sometimes it works perfect, other times it takes three or four attempts. Gas company has been out 4 times this week, because the problem is intermittent, they are telling us to replace the furnace. ...

Gas furnace has an intermittent pilot, pilot lights, furnace tries to start [ 3 Answers ]

Have a 25 plus year old furnace pilot will start when signal sent furnace tries to start makes noise as it tries over and over but will not start. Thanks

View more questions Search