Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tenman2007 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 20, 2016, 11:01 AM
    Was served a summons face to face.
    I received a summons 4 days ago and don't know what to do. It states that I have 20 days to respond. What do I do?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Dec 20, 2016, 11:20 AM
    Unless you want to have a default judgement against you, it's time to get your affairs in order and post a response.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 20, 2016, 11:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tenman2007 View Post
    I received a summons 4 days ago and don't know what to do. It states that I have 20 days to respond. What do I do?
    The answer is simple;Respond! You have 16 days left!

Now if you want our help in how to respond, then you need to give us more info:

1) Your general locale (laws vary by area)
    2) What is the summons about?
    3) What instructions were you given about responding?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Dec 20, 2016, 07:43 PM
    I agree, worst thing you can do is continue to ignore it. But to offer more help we NEED more information.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Jan 11, 2017, 05:11 PM
    If the court has civil rules modeled after the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure (as do many state courts), the rules are moderately clear regarding what to do: You file an answer (admitting or denying the several paragraphs of the complaint); or you file a motion as described in FRCP 12.

Rules may vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. And if it's small claims court, the rules will vary even more. Check your local clerk of court for more information.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have a face paint tan line on my face? [ 1 Answers ]

So yesterday at school was athletics day and it was boiling hot and sunny that I couldn't stand it. I already put on sunscreen before then I put on face paint to support my whanau (house/colour) and I also kept reapplying sunblock throughout the day but some how I still got burnt. The redness has...

What's a good face cream that will lighten up scar on my face? [ 0 Answers ]

I am looking for something not too expensive and works , I can buy in drug store please

How long honey can be keep on face with a face pak? [ 0 Answers ]

Is it harmful if I keep a facepak with honey for an hour?

I can't figure out my face shape and I want to get my hair cut to suit my face [ 5 Answers ]

The measurements of my face are: Widest part of cheekbones (cheekbone to cheekbone) - 9 inches Widest part of jaw (widest part on the left to widest part on the right) - 8 inches Widest part of forehead (" ") - 8 inches Length of face - 7 inches It says my face shape is square but it...

View more questions Search