Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Boarder Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 19, 2016, 04:42 PM
    Shower Valve Handle Keeps Spinning Around.
    I have a Dual Exposed Thermostatic Shower valve. It does not leak. The temperature is fine. The on/off lever handle however used to hit a stop point at off, and now does not - it goes around forever in circles (turning the water flow on and off as it goes around). It's fine for now (working OK, I drew a marker pen line to indicate when to stop turning to shut the water off), but it will need fixing. Is this a spare part I can get, or do I need to replace the entire valve?
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Dec 19, 2016, 09:28 PM
    Replace temperature handle.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2lcERldHe4
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Dec 20, 2016, 09:34 AM
    You are not saying what brand / model number faucet it is. There is a "stop" under the handle. In some cases, the stop just got lose and needs to be pushed back into the faucet. In most cases, the stop is broken and cartridge will have to be replaced.

Turn off water for the whole house, remove handle and see what type of stopping mechanism you have. Proceed with repair / replacement accordingly

Can you post a clear photo of the faucet in question ?

Milo

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kohler Shower Valve -- one handle [ 0 Answers ]

The chrome sleeve won't budge.I thought I could just leave it and remove the entire valve. When I removed the two screws holding the actual valve to the part in the wall the valve won't come off in fact doesn't budge?? I think its Kohler as that is what the trim pieces say. I bought the Kohler...

How to remove handle on shower valve? [ 1 Answers ]

I have tried rocking the handle to remove it with no luck. I tried pliers did not work. I tried putting a screwdriver into the head and hitting with a rubber mallet but the handle won't budge. I even gave it a shot of WD40 . Any other suggestions greatly appreciated - I hate to have to call a...

Stuck middle valve - 3 handle shower valve [ 3 Answers ]

Help and suggestions!! The middle handle, used to divert water from the tub spout to shower head is stuck in the 'tub' position. I have removed the handle and trim bezel and tried to turn the shaft with pliers - no luck & quit before marring the splines on the brass shaft. What now??

Installing a single handle shower valve [ 1 Answers ]

I am installing a new shower valve (new construction) using PEX tubing, the tubing won't support the valve and the valve has no mounting tabs. What is the best way to anchor the valve body?

One handle shower valve [ 4 Answers ]

I have a Kohler one handle shower valve that does not permit me to get hot enough water. Water heat is OK and hot water is available in other bathrooms. How do I change the valve to get hotter water. Admiral

View more questions Search