Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LLN Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 19, 2016, 12:10 PM
    Dimplex Linear Convector Baseboard Heaters
    I have 3-1000w convector baseboard heaters wired in parallel, total 3000w 240 volt. There is a programmable thermostat for these three. Load allowance for thermostat-4000w. All heaters are heating. The thermostat and the 1st basebrd heater are new, this was done to try and resolve the problem. No resolution. The problem: the thermostat program is set for 19.5c the heaters are on. The thermostat will not go above 18.4, thus the heaters remain on. If I program thermostat to 18c the heaters do shut off.
    What I have tried: capping the two black thermostat wires and throwing the breaker on to see if breaker shuts down. It doesn't. Tried an old rotary thermostat, but couldn't see if the set temp. was being reached. Taken all the covers off the heaters and checked that all connections were good. They are. The one thing I haven't tried (because I don't have the tool) is checking the voltage of the breaker, thermostat and the baseboard heaters. Talked to an electrician who said it was the really cold weather and to wait for milder temps. Well today is mild and thermostat is no different... comments, suggestions please.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Dec 19, 2016, 01:29 PM
    Might be a defective thermostat... even if it is new.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dimplex heaters installation 208v will not turn off why ? [ 1 Answers ]

Dimplex heaters installation 208v How do you turn it off? Linear Proportional Convector Heater LPC Series .

Dimplex baseboard heater [ 0 Answers ]

We have a dimplex baseboard electric heater. Double pole, series DTK-DP. Installed by an electrician. We have it to heat the main room always on high, (except at night) we set it lower. It worked well for a month or so then it started heating not so well. Seems as if when we put it on high...

3 120volt dimplex baseboard heaters trip breaker [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I got 3 120 volt dimplex baseboard heaters running from a 2 pole 20-20 breaker on size 12/2 wure but on a 220volt 2 pole t-stat, but when I turn there t-stat to 70 degrees it trips the breaker,why? Can someone help

Do Dimplex baseboard heaters have fuses? [ 0 Answers ]

The is a section in my home where I have 3 Dimplex baseboard heaters, they worked fine until today when none of the 3 will come on. I did the obvious and checked the circuit breaker to see if it was tripped and it wasn't so I am wondering if these units contain internal fuses that could have...

Which dimplex thermostat should I use on my 500 w Dimplex baseboard [ 1 Answers ]

Which dimplex thermostat should I use on my 500 w Dimplex baseboard The single pole dtk-sp or the double pole dtk-dp The baseboard is in a bathroom Thank bumzy

View more questions Search