Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tableclocks Posts: 432, Reputation: 2

Dec 17, 2016, 02:10 PM
    Catatacks in dogs
    My little yorkie, about 13, I got her from a lady that was dyeing, so I took her on, had her last 2 teeth pulled, she cant hear, cant bark and has cataracts, she sees a little, not much, I see stuff advertised for dog cataracts, does any of it really help? I don't see it in the pet stores, so that makes me Leary,
    Thanks for any help
    Richard

Dec 17, 2016, 02:19 PM
    Medacin for cataracts in dogs
    Yorkie, 13, I see eye drops for cataracts in dogs, do any of it help or work at all?
    Thanks
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Dec 17, 2016, 05:05 PM
    No, the drops won't help. Just let her be and she will be okay. Drops don't help us humans with cataracts. Only laser surgery does that.

Dec 17, 2016, 06:33 PM
    Tks... Richard
    grammadidi Posts: 1,182, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Dec 17, 2016, 11:55 PM
    Make sure that cataracts is a veterinary diagnosis, not a self-diagnosis because your dog could have glaucoma. Also, I feel it is important to have your vet monitor your dog's eyes on a regular basis if it is cataracts. Cataract surgery is usually successful, but even if the vet doesn't think that the dog is a good candidate for surgery, cataracts can become quite painful and can lead to permanent blindness if the fluid drains out into the eye. Your vet can assess that and watch for those types of things. You don't want your dog to spend it's final years of life in pain or blind if it's not necessary.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

3 days ago my dogs got in a fight and left 2 puncture wounds on my dogs left shoulder [ 5 Answers ]

My dog has 2 puncture wound on her back from our other dog have treated with Epsom salt soaks and it has been 3 days, it was very swollen, now about 1/2 the size, still oozing, she is eating well, active, no breathing problems, I am still treating her daily with soaks and antibiotic ointment, do I...

My dogs are extremely aggressive towards other dogs, kicked out of 2 classes [ 7 Answers ]

We have to dogs both the same age (1year old) and they are scary aggressive if they see another dog on a walk and they've gone ape in two different training classes and been kicked out. How do we fix this? I don't want to put them down

Why do dogs urinate on other dogs? [ 5 Answers ]

I have a 7 week old puppy that I have began to take with me to work. I work a group home facility for boys. We currently have a dog there that one of the other owners brought over and just dropped off here. This dog is almost 6 months old and he keeps urinating on my puppy. How do I stop this? Does...

Socialize dogs with other dogs [ 3 Answers ]

have a 8 yr old Golden that I adopted from a Golden Retreiver Resue group. She does not get along with other dogs-fantastic with people,kids etc. Only one time has she tried to fight-normally she stands firm with her ears up, growls,barks and strains on the leash. I had her to an obedience school...

Are hot dogs safe for dogs [ 7 Answers ]

Are hot dogs safe for me to feed to my dog,or are there any health issues I should be concerned with?

View more questions Search