Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Dec 17, 2016, 07:09 AM
    North Carolina Republicans are CHEATERS, and SORE losers, aren't they??
    Hello:

North Carolina Republicans LOST the governors race, so they're STRIPPING his successor of power. Have they no shame???

excon
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Dec 17, 2016, 07:19 AM
    Fortunately, protesters are at the gates in a big way.

My theory is that you can't have all those universities and research triangles and good economy and young ones moving in, yet hang onto good ole boys.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Dec 17, 2016, 07:56 AM
    North Carolina has a history of nullification attempts . So this move isn't a big surprise . The legislature is a product of gerrymandering so blatantly discriminatory that there will be court ordered special legislative elections next year with new district lines.

Federal court orders North Carolina to redraw districts, hold elections in fall of 2017 | abc11.com

A new legislature will be voted in that will probably restore the executive's lost powers if a court doesn't over-turn the legislative action .

Part of the reason that I was a NeverTrumper was because I thought(and still do) that he would continue the emperor's practice of unconstitutional executive power grabs . Unless other facts emerge that I am unaware of presently ,consistency says I should also oppose a legislative coup of this nature .
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Dec 17, 2016, 08:12 AM
    Hello again, joy and tom:

Protesters be damned.. Coup or not.. The lame duck LOSER Republican SIGNED the bills into law.. And, they're not done yet.

I, too, THINK they'll be unwound.. The courts haven't been friendly to North Carolina.. But, that was our OLD reality.. This here, is a brand new one.

excon
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Dec 17, 2016, 10:08 AM
    Remember what Harry Reid pulled to shut down debate... the Nuclear option? And this is from one of the most LIBERAL news rags out there...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.cd9381d1e3e5

In what world should a Gov, or a president have unlimited powers? Obama was so fond of using them... better not harp when Trump does.

Now they are sorry they did that nove that Republicans have control over all three branches.

Now what was that old saying your parents always told you..... Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it. Well you got it...enjoyed using it...now our party has it to use.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 17, 2016, 01:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    Remember what Harry Reid pulled to shut down debate... the Nuclear option? And this is from one of the most LIBERAL news rags out there...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.cd9381d1e3e5

In what world should a Gov, or a president have unlimited powers? Obama was so fond of using them... better not harp when Trump does.

Now they are sorry they did that nove that Republicans have control over all three branches.

Now what was that old saying your parents always told you..... Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it. Well you got it...enjoyed using it...now our party has it to use.
    That's why I'm stocking up on popcorn. It should be fun watching you guy's figure out what to do about having YOUR wish come true. No more excuses right??

You did have fun during the Obama term didn't you??? If not...BUMMER!!!
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Dec 17, 2016, 10:12 PM
    Name:  hildebeast supporters.jpg
Views: 49
Size:  21.5 KB

dang...animated gifs don't work....shame this one is funny as heck.
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Dec 19, 2016, 02:37 AM
    In the interests of fairness, here's the opposing view
    https://www.facebook.com/notes/phil-...54758651047278

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Right to Quit-north Carolina [ 11 Answers ]

If you have a tenant who is obstinate as well as untruthful... has only lived in home 3 weeks and has already violated lease by moving someone in with her and not making me aware and has taken up carpet out of a room without my permission... and admitted both things on a text message, what are my...

I am on South Carolina probation and was arrested in North Carolina for shoplifting.. [ 6 Answers ]

I am on probation in sc and was arrested in nc.. will my po find out? Will I go to prison.. I have completed my drug classes and all my fines are paid on time..

Am I Screwed In North Carolina ? [ 4 Answers ]

I just moved to North Carolina from Georgia. I went to the DMV to get my license changed only to find out that I have to have liability insurance. My issue is that I do not own a vehicle, yet I must still have liability insurance!? Now I bet your wondering why I would want a drivers license when I...

DUI in North Carolina [ 22 Answers ]

I was arrested for a dui in North Carolina in May 2008. The stop was unlawful I was stopped (in the officers own worfds booth to me and my attorney) because "I was a white guy, in a shiny yellow pickup, with out of state plates, and nicely dressed in a black neighborhood known for crime and...

Nude beaches- North Carolina or South Carolina? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi! I'm looking for a nude beach near myrtle beach but I'm not having any luck. Does anyone know where one is? Thank you blusia

View more questions Search