Ask
    tracie1969 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Dec 16, 2016, 08:59 AM
    1928 f 5$ bill
    What's it worth
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Dec 16, 2016, 01:50 PM
    tracie1969, people have told you that condition and other factors are very important. Yet all you do is argue that you have seen some of an item on ebay selling for a lot.

Please round up all your items and take them to a dealer.
    Ebay is the best place to study and compare values, but it's a lot of work, and you have to know about all the definitions that go with appraising money. Then you have to learn how to sell!
    You don't seem to want to do any of that, so I would just take everything to an antique or pawn shop and get what you can.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Dec 16, 2016, 02:01 PM
    Why do you keep asking the same questions? Use eBay! If you are smart enough to get on here you can do the same on eBay. Paper money has little value unless it is like new.

Dec 16, 2016, 03:20 PM
    Excuse me I hadn't argued at all . I don't know why you are saying though but you can stick this site where the sun don't shine . You are a rude , uvr notbvery professional at all . I hope you have a super great day . U need to learn how to talk to people
    current pert

Dec 16, 2016, 03:43 PM
    If you find me rude, that's your loss.
    Both of us could have helped you sell on ebay, but all you do is ask the same type of totally lacking questions several times.
    I have sold thousands of dollars worth of money and other items on ebay.

Dec 16, 2016, 04:33 PM
    Lol I don't kmow why you are being mean to me I haven't done anything to you all I did is ask a few questions . That's it . I apologize if I offended you I wasn't trying to I just asked a legitimate question I do not know anything about this,money . If u could help me it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you sincerely
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Dec 16, 2016, 05:11 PM
    tracie, there are many experts on this site, but I don't know of anyone that is an appraiser of coins or paper money that is on this site, so we can definitely help, but we'd be giving you a best guess, and in order to even do that we would need a picture, and a more detailed description. Even then we could only guess at the value by looking on places like Ebay to see what similar items are selling for. That's something you can, and should, do yourself, because you know more about the items you have.

I did find a post on Ebay that was similar to the other question you posted about the $1 bill with the gold in it. Not sure if you saw that post.

Ebay really is the best place to look. I will tell you not to hope to sell these items for too much. Coins and paper money are pretty much worthless to anyone but an avid collector, and for a collector to show interest it has to be a unique and rare coin or paper money. Collectors also want it to be in the best condition, preferably in a frame or a sealed container to keep it new, and they usually want a certificate of authenticity, and even then it won't be worth a lot unless it's extremely rare, and the chance of you having one that's extremely rare, albeit not impossible, is highly unlikely.

Now, if you would like help on how to search Ebay, or how to list something on Ebay for sale, that's something many of the experts on this site could definitely help you with. But the value of the items you have is at best a guess on our part, and that may be undervaluing what you have.

You can also do research online about the coins and paper money you have, but it's going to be a lot of research, a lot of hit and miss, and it's going to take a tremendous amount of time and patience. It's something you would definitely have to do yourself as I can't see anyone willing to do this type of research for free, and I really wouldn't pay anyone to do it because you'll likely end up spending more on that than you'll ever get from the coins and paper money you have.

Some pawn shops have experts on these types of things, you might try going there. They won't charge for an estimate, but they will undervalue if they're interested in buying it.

Really this is going to take a lot of work and effort on your part. So it really depends on how badly you want to know what you have and what it's worth.

Dec 16, 2016, 06:55 PM
    Thank u
    current pert

Dec 17, 2016, 03:19 AM
    Alty, I and others have said all that you are saying on her other posts and she already knows how to search on ebay.
    I use a friendlier approach for relationship, parenting, illness etc but not for 'how much is my item worth' several times over for at least 6 items.
    And "Well darn I seen one on ebay for $125" is arguing, when we already said several times that condition is very important, and that condition is a technical term when it comes to money.

Also, she doesn't need an expert appraiser. As I said, I've sold thousands of dollars worth of money on ebay, and I know plenty. So does ma0641.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1928 G 2dollar bill [ 4 Answers ]

I am helping a friend liquidate some of his collections and need to determine approximate value of some paper money and coins. In particular, a 1928 G two dollar bill with a red seal and red serial numbers. It obviously has been folded in half and then in half again, but still has a weightiness and...

What is the value of a 1928 $2 bill? [ 0 Answers ]

What is the value of a series d 1928 two dollar bill?

1928 $20 Bill [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I have a $20 bill - 1928 Washington, D.C. over the date Serial # E02390204A Sec. - A.W. Mellon Treas. - H.T. Tade? Green lettering Good condition? Says...

1928 dollar bill [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 1928 funny back siver dollar bill.What is it worth now?

View more questions Search