Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Natalia2001 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 13, 2016, 03:37 PM
    Is my liver in danger from suicide attempt?
    I suffer from depression, sometimes when I get too upset or stressed or anything it gets worse and I have suicidal thoughts. This is not "attention seeking" or I'm not lying either. I get therapy for it.

Anyway..

When I had suicidal thoughts for about a week I took 6 co-codamol 30mg-500mg (I think it was) on Saturday but ended up vomitting, got very tired and kept falling asleep, boiling all day and night with a bit of a headache. Then couple days after I took 4 co-codamol with 2 different ones ibrofen (cant remember the name) but I felt fine.
    2/3 days ago I took 8 paracetamols (500mg) one days and the next day the thoughts have gone worse so I took 16 paracetamols.

Am I on risk with having any damage? I have pains on my left side (they keep coming for about 2 minutes and go) , stomach pains and toilet trouble. Is it the tablets damaging my body? Am I on risk?

Please no hate or judgements I cant handle my depression at times:(
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Dec 13, 2016, 03:55 PM
    I looked up the medications and these medications can cause liver damage. Unfortunately there's really no way to know, online, if that's what's happening with you. It could just be that you're feeling discomfort because your body is still ridding itself of all the medications, and it's struggling right now. It could be that your liver is damaged, it could be a number of things, none of which can be diagnosed online.

If you're worried then you really should see a doctor. That's really the only way to know for sure.

Good luck to you.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 13, 2016, 04:01 PM
    You could be at risk if you continue taking this amount of acetaminophen. Acetaminophen won't kill you immediately, the damage caused to the liver will be slow and painful. You need to ask your doctor to give you a liver function test.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Dec 13, 2016, 04:32 PM
    Large doses of paracetamol can damage your liver, if you have to take pain killers get something like codiene but don't take large doses unsupervised. The thing is no pain killers are safe in large doses and you should be under the care of a doctor for the depression and the pain
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 13, 2016, 05:57 PM
    You need to get more help. What you are doing is not working if you are doing all of this.

Yes it can cause liver damage and/or other problems.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Suicide attempt:how to get back on your feet? [ 9 Answers ]

I've recently hit rock bottom and just tried to commit suicide. I took a pill cocktail and blacked out after that. I also stabbed myself in the arm. My mom found me and was trying to wake me up, I guess I woke up and was incoherently trying to answer her questions but she said I made no sense. She...

What is the similarities between a pig liver and a human liver? [ 1 Answers ]

What is the similarities between a pig liver and a human liver?

Historical Teen Girls Movie- Suicide or Suicide Attempt? [ 1 Answers ]

I remember watching a movie as a teen- about 10-15 years ago on Showtime or HBO. I think it took place around WWII, with a teenage girl that befriends a new girl at their school, which I think was an all-girls school. The girls meet with other girls (friends) from the school in the woods behind the...

View more questions Search