Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ncognito Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 13, 2016, 12:08 PM
    Gifting at Christmas
    My kids are all grown so do I continue to give my ex a Christmas gift? Pleas explain why I should or should not. Thanks
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Dec 13, 2016, 12:27 PM
    Only if you want to give him/her a gift.

Some people make better friends than they did partners and continue to give gifts out of friendship. Others don't for their own reasons.

It is totally up to you.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Dec 13, 2016, 03:58 PM
    Like Cat said, if you are friendly with your ex and want to get him a gift, then it's totally okay. If you were buying gifts for the kids to give him, well, they're grown up now and can buy their own gifts to dad.

It really depends on what you want to do. You are most definitely not obligated to get him anything.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 13, 2016, 05:58 PM
    I am friendly with my ex, sending her a Christmas card right now.

There is no right or wrong, it is just what you want
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 14, 2016, 07:38 AM
    Totally depends on how YOU feel about the ex. What do YOU want to do?
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Dec 14, 2016, 08:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Ncognito View Post
    My kids are all grown so do I continue to give my ex a Christmas gift? Pleas explain why I should or should not. Thanks
    Depends on whether you want to or not. Depends on your relationship with her as well. Are you friends? If so it might be nice to give her a gift set or christmas basket.

It honestly hinges on whether you want to or not. If you want to and your idea is to wrap up road-kill... I would suggest skipping that. :-) (I didn't have a good divorce)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Money gifting [ 3 Answers ]

If I give my 5 kids, $10,000 each in a mutual fund for xmass before the end of this year, 2014, is there any federal or Maryland tax consequences on the principal, to them or me, other them what it may earn by the end of the year? If they cash it in, in 2015 , any tax consequences on the...

As Christmas is near I am searching for unique Christmas package labels. Can somebody [ 1 Answers ]

I am searching for unique Christmas Package Labels to make my more elegant and special.

Gifting Property [ 3 Answers ]

Hello. My parents plan on gifting and instead of $ would like to gift the max amount in property, 24K worth or 12K from each parent. We assume that the 24K max applies to gifting property as well as gifting $. Now the property they plan on gifting is not in their name. My mother is among many in a...

Your Top Christmas Carols & Christmas Songs [ 38 Answers ]

Ok it's that time of year when the holidays are around :) and I was just thinking what are people's top Carols or Chritmas songs that they like? Christmas songs for me would be The Pogues, Fairytale of New York ;) and my Christmas Carol would have to be Joy To The World :) ! Please feel...

View more questions Search