Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    coffee man Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 13, 2016, 08:55 AM
    Flame blowback in burner
    I have an older Wait Circulator using propane in the garage.
    It's a model NW50 which I have properly maintained over the years.
    Just recently I removed the burner to clean it because it was burning yellow.
    A hacksaw blade fits just perfect in the slots to clean them and just bow it out.
    Now I have a nice blue flame but after a minute there is blowback and the gas ignites below in the burner chamber.
    What should I do?

Puzzled!
    Stan
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Dec 13, 2016, 01:03 PM
    Sounds like the burners aren't properly installed allowing gas to bypass the burner. If it worked properly before cleaning something was not done right on the reinstall. Make sure the burner isn't cracked.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My burner flame will not stay lit [ 2 Answers ]

After I light the pilot on my GE water heater and turn up the gas the burner kicks on for a couple seconds then produces a rollout flame then goes out. How do I fix this.

What is flame response in an oil burner? [ 0 Answers ]

What is flame response in an oil burner?

Beckett model AFG burner flame-out [ 14 Answers ]

This season is the first time ever that this has happened. The furnace starts, gets a flame, runs for a while, then it flames-out. It sounds like the oil pump is still running (I hear like a spraying sound). Nothing shuts off. Then the flame will come on again, but may continue flaming-out...

Beckett burner starts has flame for about 15 seconds off for 12 then flame on & runs [ 7 Answers ]

I have replaced the following with the problem still happening: replaced the primary control(R8184G 4009), cad cell--the oil unit was service at the beginning of the heating season. Ran like a champ. Now for the past two weeks with new parts the problem is: Oil burner starts with a flame for...

Flame color on Burner Assembly? [ 1 Answers ]

What's the proper color of flame supposed to be comiing out of the burner assembly. My color is yellowish orange.

View more questions Search