Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sean999 Posts: 117, Reputation: 1

Dec 13, 2016, 12:46 AM
    Writing your goal
    I practiced a method which is from motivational books. This is writing down your goal and desire method. I write down my goal and plans and steps to get achieve my goal. After writing down, the plan is never establsihed and I can't achieve my goal. Many people said that after writing down your goal and planning, this is reached in your inner mind and you will achieve your goal easier and faster. But for me, I think it don't work. Please help me to find should I try to change technique or should I do any other additional to this method. Thank you.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Dec 13, 2016, 01:47 AM
    If you have a goal you must establish the steps by which you will accomplish it. Make these small measurable steps and keep checking on your progress and changing these objectives if needed Make sure the goals you set are not leading you from your chosen path. Make a daily list of the things you must do and make sure you do something to move these along each day. You don't have to accomplish everything immediately. Remember to make these steps actions which you can measure
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Dec 13, 2016, 07:24 AM
    Here's my theory:
    You can't find motivation in a book.
    You can't pick a goal that isn't already a deep desire in you.
    People who KNOW what they really want to do will try anything, do whatever it takes, make mistakes and outright failures, and keep going anyway.

You can find some realistic approaches in a book, and some pitfalls to avoid, but if the goal isn't real within you, none of that matters.

SO.... do you really have a burning desire to achieve your stated goal?
    Want to tell us what it is?
    Please don't say 'To get rich from an online business.' Too vague.

Dec 15, 2016, 11:06 PM
    joypulv

Very helpful. I also want to say that these days, I also come to realize that book is helpless except for some knowledges and languag. I read many books and I become nothing. I am not hurry but at least I want to get very realistic facts and realistic benefits. I found that many non-millionaires write about the methods to become millionaires. So funny.

I got your ideas and appreciated it. I will try to get burning desire and try to make bigger and biggerest. I promise. Thank you for giving your time and ideas.

Very helpful. I also want to say that these days, I also come to realize that book is helpless except for some knowledges and language. I read many books and I become nothing. I am not hurry but at least I want to get very realistic facts and realistic benefits. I found that many non-millionaires write about the methods to become millionaires. So funny.

I got your ideas and appreciated it.
    I am want to rich and have no burning desire yet. I tried to find methods instead of finding burning desire.

I will try to get burning desire and try to make bigger and biggerest and started from measurable goals to biggest goals. I promise. Thank you for giving your time and ideas.

Dec 15, 2016, 11:13 PM
    Thank you. I will try to make some measurable goals. paraclete
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 16, 2016, 10:24 AM
    Here is a simplified plan I used:

Goal -- attend graduate school in my area so I can also continue to work at my job

Step #1 -- go to the library to find books that list area colleges and their grad programs
    Step #2 -- make copies of all the helpful pages in those books
    Step #3 -- go home, start a file for each college, and thoroughly read the copied material
    Step #4 -- look at each college online (visit each website)
    Step #5 -- set up a personal survey page to compare area college as for distance to travel, grad program(s) offered, size of undergrad and grad student body, size of campus, cost, etc.
    Step #6 -- review school information in files and reexamine college websites to add details to personal survey

And so on, eventually taking steps to visit the campuses and talk with Admissions.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Dec 16, 2016, 06:01 PM
    Every desire you have in life requires action. It's great to write down your goals, but if you assume that you'll achieve them by merely writing them down, then you're missing the whole point.

For instance, let's say you want to be rich. How will you achieve that? Merely writing down that you want to be rich, and then sitting back waiting for it to happen, will not work.

Write down your dreams and goals, and then write down how you plan to achieve those dreams and goals, and then take the steps needed to achieve them.

Dec 18, 2016, 12:15 AM
    Alty and Wondergirl

Thank you for your ideas. I will try my best.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is my goal really possible? [ 16 Answers ]

Hi! Before I get on the AMHD fourm bandwagon, here is a good question for you experts. "Does anyone here think that going from dark brown to olive is to far? I was naturally a light person years ago (childhood) and was mostly tan during that time (East African). I guess I should show off the...

Financial Goal [ 2 Answers ]

How many years will it take to reach your goal if you deposit $42,180.53 in a brokerage account and you plan to add $5,000 at the end of every year until your account reaches $250,000. You expect to earn 12% annually?

Unrealistic goal? [ 4 Answers ]

Hello everyone, I weigh 180 lbs and would like to lose 30-40lbs by April 30, 07. My goal weight is 140-150Do you think this is a realistic goal, any suggestion on the best way of accomplishing this goal? I don't have any problems exercising or food restrictions!

View more questions Search