Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ndaceko Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Dec 12, 2016, 01:10 PM
    A debate
    Hi everyone; which is more important, the birth or the death of jesus christ? I know the both are important, but which is more important?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Dec 12, 2016, 01:46 PM
    This is a personal interpretation question, so which is more important to YOU.

Dec 12, 2016, 02:14 PM
    Well, I'll suggest that the death is more important than the birth. But I need your own perspective.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 12, 2016, 02:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ndaceko View Post
    Well, I'll suggest that the death is more important than the birth. But I need your own perspective.
    More important, how? If Jesus hadn't been born, then there wouldn't have been a death.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Dec 12, 2016, 05:16 PM
    I'd say that the birth is more important, because if he wasn't born, he couldn't have died. It's a lot like the chicken and the egg debate, and which came first.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 12, 2016, 07:06 PM
    Neither is really of great importance. It is his rising from the dead, after his death.

That was the sacrifice. But the other two had to happen to allow his rising again.

There is not one issue more important, even his death has no meaning, without a personal accepting him.

It is a system. Like your car, what is more important, the gas, the tires, the gas peddle. The car does not go without all of them.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 12, 2016, 07:18 PM
    1 Corinthians 15:14

“And if Christ be not risen, then is our preaching vain, and your faith is also vain.”

King James Version (KJV)

Dec 12, 2016, 10:16 PM
    Also, if christ had not died and rose, our salvation would have been meaningless and since we have all sinned against God, we would have been punished but christ died so that you and I may live.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Dec 13, 2016, 04:54 AM
    My question is why you feel a need to make one more important than the other?

It's similar to people asking what's your favorite food, color, movie, book, music.... I refuse to play the game.
    dwashbur Posts: 1,456, Reputation: 175
    Ultra Member

Dec 13, 2016, 09:21 AM
    When you ask about his birth, do you just mean the fact of it, or do you mean the virgin birth?
    classyT Posts: 1,562, Reputation: 214
    Ultra Member

Dec 16, 2016, 07:08 AM
    Fun fact... out of 89 chapters in all four gospels only 4 chapters are devoted to the birth of Christ and 27 chapters the death, burial and resurrection of The Lord. So I think I can tell you what the Holy Spirit deems as the MOST important. Just saying
    dwashbur Posts: 1,456, Reputation: 175
    Ultra Member

Dec 16, 2016, 09:51 AM
    It seems to me that asking which of those is more important is kind of like asking which is more nutritious, the left half of the steak or the right half. His birth, life, and death are kind of a package deal. If we have to single out some aspect as most important, I'd vote for His resurrection.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How can I debate this? [ 1 Answers ]

I am new to the whole debating thing. I have a debate tomorrow, about why it's important to have exams in school. I need to show that it is important. What are some points I should state? And what are some points my oponants will stress on? Please help. Thank you

Debate here at my house! [ 3 Answers ]

If someone had a warrant out for their arrest... and they got pulled over for speeding when the officer runs their license would the warrant show up?:confused:... I am saying yes it does I have $$$$ riding on this one... lol...

What was your take on the 1st debate? [ 25 Answers ]

I watched the debate today and I found it odd the McCain couldn't face Obama. He seem he like he was more focus on making slick remarks but I still found the whole debate interested and is waiting for the next one to see how it plays out.

The debate [ 26 Answers ]

Hello: I think McCain kicked Obama's butt. You? Obama looked so ineffectual. He kept meekly raising his hand, like the defendants do on Judge Judy. It was a sorry performance. He's not a fighter. excon

Philosophy Debate [ 10 Answers ]

Hey all, I am currently taking a philosophy course and we have been assigned a debate assignment that is in regards to the morality of stem cell research. My group was given the task of being opposed to stem cell research. If anyone can give me any idea why people may be opposed to stem cell...

View more questions Search