Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SylviaTucker Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 9, 2016, 01:11 AM
    I have surgery on the 13th but took extra strength Excedrin at 2 am on the 9th, and j
    I have surgery on the 13th but took extra strength Excedrin at 2 am on the 9th, and just saw the list of meds to avoid prior to surgery. Will I be OK?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Dec 9, 2016, 05:33 AM
    You should be OK between the 9th and the 13th, but each person tolerates such drugs differently, so now you know that that list and any specific instructions from your doctor based on YOUR history are very important.
    Also, please don't buy combination drugs without knowing what's in them.
    Excedrin is Acetaminophen, Aspirin and Caffeine.
    You only want acetaminophen! Aspirin can be risky, and why would you want caffeine at 2 am??? READ what you buy!!!

As someone with chronic pain, I take Tylenol (or off brand generic acetaminophen) and ibuprofin, because they help me differently. Ibuprofin isn't as hard on the kidneys and liver as acetaminophen.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Overdosed on excedrin migrain [ 2 Answers ]

I overdosed on excedrin migrain yesterday at about 6:30 am. I took 17 capsules I went to the ER and I was there all day the couldn't get my heart rate down or some kind of blood levels down. They finally did its been about a full day since I have taken them and I can't sleep my heart is racing I'm...

Theraflu and Excedrin complications [ 0 Answers ]

I forgot I drank a hot cup of theraflu night time tea about 1 hour ago, now I just took two excedrine pm. Will there be any side affects, or concerns?

Can you od on Topamax, Excedrin, and Zyrtec? [ 1 Answers ]

Wondering if you can overdose on the 3 put together. And if you can, can you die?

Where can I buy nadinola extra strength cream in uk [ 0 Answers ]

I wanted to buy Nadinola from Amazon UK and it say it can't be shipped to UK from US, I have since been searching but can only find the bleaching one from eBay and I don't believe in buying my cream from eBay stores. *** where can I buy the NADINAOLA extra strength and Retin A in UK safely? Or has...

What are the effects of larger amounts of Excedrin? [ 1 Answers ]

I have heard that taking over the normal dosage of Ibuprofen results in "loopy" effects. I was wondering if taking over the normal dosage of Excedrin would result in the same? Or if this is even true? I've had a headache and already taken the recommended dosage, but am afraid if I take more I will...

View more questions Search